U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 03:35 PM

37 posts, read 22,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Sundays suck when there ain't no football. There's nothing at all on tv now. Think I'll go down in the basement and sharpen my darts on the grinder, they keep deflecting off each other and hitting the concrete wall.
lol agree tv sucks now,sunday football=best day for football and tv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 10:04 AM

3,188 posts, read 6,344,645 times
Kap had NOTHING to do with ratings decline. The NFL is to blame for football overkill!

A Titans - Jaquars matchup on Thursday night, when Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, etc, will **** off female fans, all the time! Shoot, I'll get pissed, too, watching a matchup like that!

Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 AM

1,027 posts, read 582,177 times
Kap gave people something to complain about, and I am totally against what he did, but the real reason for ratings decline is the overkill mentioned above by scatman and others, and what I described upthread in post 61.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:08 AM

3,578 posts, read 1,775,211 times
Taxpayer funded stadiums are a key reason that I am not the sports fan that I used to be. Over active reffing is another reason. Milking the game for more ad time is another reason. Excessive greed is another reason. Excessive free agency is another....we are literally rooting for jerseys that come and go with each passing year. Imagine if a TV series changed actors every year...

Plus I have to pay real money to watch games on TV now.

The NFL is doing fine.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:51 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,388 times
I didn't even realize taxpayers fund the stadiums, I doubt the average fan knows this either. Do taxes also pay for renovations? E.g., the Ravens are working on building bigger screens and a bunch of other stuff at M&T.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:00 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I didn't even realize taxpayers fund the stadiums, I doubt the average fan knows this either. Do taxes also pay for renovations? E.g., the Ravens are working on building bigger screens and a bunch of other stuff at M&T.
Not every NFL stadium was funded by the taxpayers - Gillette Stadium where the Patriots play was built with private money. Bank of American Stadium where the Panthers play was built with private money. FedEx Field where the Redskins play was built with private money.

Given the massive amount of money the NFL makes the fact that you have owners, who are already wealthy to begin with, are holding out their hands to finance stadiums has become a much larger issue than it was 12-13 years ago.

Take a city like Indianapolis that needs sporting events to draw visitors to the city from outside of Indiana - they were more than happy to fund Lucas Oil Stadium. They tack an additional tax onto rental cars, hotels and meals in order to pay for the stadium. It's a model other cities have also used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or