U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:27 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,388 times

Advertisements

Wait, 11-5 is horrible? Didn't Seattle go 13-3 when they won the SB?

Old 01-29-2017, 07:06 PM

9,579 posts, read 8,883,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
I mean lets face it,the nfc kinda sucked this year lets review the falcons wins.

They beat a TERRIBLE/BEAT UP seattle team who lost the best safety earl thomas and wilson not 100% healthy.

They beat a greenbay team who had LOST majority of their top receievers due to injuries.
Heck if greenbay can beat dallas why not atlanta?If it wasn't for the injuries the sorry falcons wouldn't be in the super bowl.

Now they face patroits,when we look at this game patroits are playing great even though having gronk is an issue,but if the patroits can shut down antino brown(one of top recievers) why can't they do the same for julio jones??

I'm not convinced falcons are a good team and luck has helped them

but its about to run out when they face BRADY!
If you were trying to start silliest thread of the day. YOU WON

Old 01-30-2017, 12:40 PM

32,452 posts, read 26,317,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Just stop. No one wants to hear your excuses as to why Atlanta didn't go 0-16. Every team is lucky to win some games. Teams in the NFL are extremely close. An 8-8 team only has to fix a few things to go 12-4. If the Ravens had just taken a knee in Pittsburgh and hadn't blown that coverage against New England, they could have gone 10-6 and gotten into the playoffs. Do I believe they were worthy of a playoff spot this year? Absolutely not.
well said, and we can even use the cowboys as an example. they went 4-12 in 2015, and this season they went 13-3 and were number one on the NFC hit parade for the season. and if dallas had better coverage on the second to last play in the green bay playoff game, we might be comparing dallas to new england in the super bowl this year.

the point is OP, that on any given sunday, any team can beat another. injuries are part of the game as well. its not like teams can ask other teams to postpone games due to injury of key players. other players have to step up and do the job.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:21 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,188,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
I mean lets face it,the nfc kinda sucked this year lets review the falcons wins.

They beat a TERRIBLE/BEAT UP seattle team who lost the best safety earl thomas and wilson not 100% healthy.

They beat a greenbay team who had LOST majority of their top receievers due to injuries.
Heck if greenbay can beat dallas why not atlanta?If it wasn't for the injuries the sorry falcons wouldn't be in the super bowl.

Now they face patroits,when we look at this game patroits are playing great even though having gronk is an issue,but if the patroits can shut down antino brown(one of top recievers) why can't they do the same for julio jones??

I'm not convinced falcons are a good team and luck has helped them

but its about to run out when they face BRADY!
LOL, as if New England faced a murderer's row to get to the Super Bowl or something. They had the easiest schedule in the NFL and if you look at the list of quarterbacks they faced this year the whole "they have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL" stat is put into some major context. Don't get me wrong, I like New England and I'm a huge Tom Brady fan. I normally pull for them in the SB (this year I'm pulling for Atlanta because they've long been my #2 team due to family connections to Atlanta).

But all things considered I'd imagine most teams would rather face the Brock Osweiler led Texans and Pittsburgh without Le'veon Bell than Seattle and the hottest team in the NFL led by the hottest QB in the NFL in the Packers.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:39 PM

3,451 posts, read 8,152,521 times
Atlanta not only went 11-5, but they also outscored their opponents by 134 points, which I think was second in the NFL behind New England. There have been quite a few Super Bowl teams, including Super Bowl champions with better regular season records, that have outscored their opponents for the season by smaller margins. You don't post a very good point differential unless you have a good team.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 AM

16,522 posts, read 20,969,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
You sound like that tyrone jacobs guy. You're forgetting about the part where the Falcons have scored at will on anyone and everyone whenever they wanted to.
I was away from the board for a couple days, otherwise I'd have torpedoed this thread.

It's one thing to start a thread and spice it up a tad, it's quite another to insult ones intelligence.

Closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-02-2017 at 06:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or