U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 07:27 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,225,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
You see this is a bold face lie. I was at the game! Where do you people come up with this false crap. The stadium was full and the organizers had to put standing room only tickets on sale. Cmon guys stop lying. I dont want hear anything from anyone who didnt fly into Orlando and take in all the activities. The media is lying to you guys and so is Aura.

Here is someone who actually attended the Pro Bowl and its festivities in person. If anybody can comment, truthfully, on the Pro Bowl's worth, it would be 0nyxStation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 09:08 AM

1,026 posts, read 581,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Here is someone who actually attended the Pro Bowl and its festivities in person. If anybody can comment, truthfully, on the Pro Bowl's worth, it would be 0nyxStation.
I have an informed opinion about George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Neither you nor I were around in the 18th century and by your reasoning neither of us are allowed to comment about them. I disagree, and that's fine that you feel that you're not allowed a comment. I am. Maybe we can agree to disagree. If you cannot agree to disagree, thats your prerogative.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
I have an informed opinion about George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Neither you nor I were around in the 18th century and by your reasoning neither of us are allowed to comment about them. I disagree, and that's fine that you feel that you're not allowed a comment. I am. Maybe we can agree to disagree. If you cannot agree to disagree, thats your prerogative.

I can most definitely agree to disagree. Just don't ask me to respect your opinion, because I don't.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:29 AM

6,416 posts, read 4,829,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I mean I get the beef that play on the field may suck, but to have all those superstars on one field at the same time not many fans get to experience that (in person). I think the main flaw of it this year was that it was on a Sunday night and make children were there that had school the next morning. People in our section started to leave after 3rd quarter because it was getting late and many had school and work Monday morning. The game should have started about 6pm EST. It seems the media wanted to take photos of the stands at the end of the game and report no one in Orlando attended. Many NFL stadiums look just as empty at the end of MNF and SNF games, but trust the media folks....

Old 02-02-2017, 10:49 AM

1,026 posts, read 581,316 times
I grew up on the east coast, and NFL start times were a challenge. MNF games ended after midnight! Here on the west coast, the times are good for me but like you, I don't know how east coasters do it. Even the Super Bowl with its 6:30pm start time is getting a bit on the late side. I think if all NFL games started an hour earlier, 12pm and 3pm Eastern on Sundays, and 5:30pm for the Super Bowl, and an hour earlier for SNF MNF and TNF games, that would be a good compromise for all the 48 state people.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I mean I get the beef that play on the field may suck, but to have all those superstars on one field at the same time not many fans get to experience that (in person). I think the main flaw of it this year was that it was on a Sunday night and make children were there that had school the next morning. People in our section started to leave after 3rd quarter because it was getting late and many had school and work Monday morning. The game should have started about 6pm EST. It seems the media wanted to take photos of the stands at the end of the game and report no one in Orlando attended. Many NFL stadiums look just as empty at the end of MNF and SNF games, but trust the media folks....
Having it in Orlando, they probably should have started the game earlier. When the game is played in Hawaii, there's usually a 3PM start there since they're about 5 hours behind EST. Starting it at 6PM on the east coast would still put the game around 3PM on the West coast, and around 1PM in Hawaii. Don't know if that would help with ratings or not, but it is bad for the ones who are attending the game.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,136 times
Quote:
I attended the Pro Bowl in Orlando. It was pretty fun meeting fans from other places. Talking to fans on a message forum is one thing, meeting various fans and sharing a beer at a tailgate before the Pro Bowl was great. The Citrus Bowl in Orlando is in pretty good shape as well. I have read some of the reviews about the Pro Bowl in Orlando and most of it is lies and hogwash. Many of the old media guard seem to resent the game moving to the east cost. Ive never been to a Pro Bowl game until last week, because in the past it was too inaccessible. Honolulu is a 6 hour flight from LA, I live in Atlanta. If I am making a trip to Hawaii its for a 2 week vacation, not for a 1 day sporting event. Orlando didnt do a perfect job at having things together, again I am in Atlanta and we know a thing or 2 about hosting major sporting events. Especially football. Ill return to Orlando next year for Pro Bowl 2018. Its a 45 minute flight to Orlando from Atlanta and the flights are cheap. Well worth the trip for the value.
I am going next year. I can Drive to Orlando in a couple of hours from here.
I would have gone this year had I had a free weekend

I am looking forward to it.

And I quit letting the Media make choices for me a long long time ago.
IF I like /enjoy something, I like/enjoy it no matter what the media says.
That goes for Politics, sports, movies pretty much anything

Old 02-03-2017, 10:01 AM

3,188 posts, read 6,342,872 times
Yes, there is dodgeball and goal line stances in the Pro Bowl......!

Old 02-03-2017, 04:13 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,170,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
I didn't search but I am guessing no players have been seriously hurt at the Pro Bowl. But it is played at the end of the season when players want to heal up, they've recently been hitting each other. I suspect a different dynamic may occur if it's moved to the beginning of the season, which is what I responded to - players feel great, they're fresh and ready to hit someone.

So what is the answer, have there been any serious injuries at the Pro Bowl? Even an OL falling backward can roll up on a QB's leg and there goes an ACL. And there goes the season.

As for me not enjoying the Pro Bowl, I'm not alone. And the NFL knows it isn't that popular and they're trying to figure out what to do with it. Did you watch the skills competition? Maybe a few dozen fans were seen. Unless they were all off camera, there weren't a lot of people there.

I am looking to find a solution to this problem so that more kids and more fans can enjoy it and get their autographs i am lookin to bring value to the situation. Where's the value of a few dozen fans watching the skills competition? There hasn't been a lot of value to the Pro Bowl in a long time, not to me anyway.

As for the Pro Bowl game itself, I haven't watched one in many many many years. Maybe not since the 1990s.
They should just bite the bullet and make it a flag football game. I can't believe the way the defense just let running backs pass them by so often.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:15 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,170,610 times
It would be more entertaining to watch just the draft picks play a game the week before preseason opens. At least they will be trying to earn a spot on their respective teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football