Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:31 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times

Advertisements

Anyone else enjoying this ? Been a good game so far. They are not making a mockery of the game as in gyears past. The players look to be having fun. And I love the AFC. Vs NFC format .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Well, I've stopped watching the Pro Bowl because it's just a scrimmage. I pretty much don't watch all star games for any sport, whether football, baseball, basketball, or hockey because they don't mean anything.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:49 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by largekingcat View Post
anyone else enjoying this ? Been a good game so far. They are not making a mockery of the game as in gyears past. The players look to be having fun. And i love the afc. Vs nfc format .
LOL...people still watch that?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:24 PM

638 posts, read 624,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Anyone else enjoying this ? Been a good game so far. They are not making a mockery of the game as in gyears past. The players look to be having fun. And I love the AFC. Vs NFC format .
It used to always be AFC vs. NFC. People liked it better than "team Irvin" vs. "team Sanders"

Old 01-29-2017, 09:48 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Didn't watch it. The players don't care so why should I? I think this is an outdated tradition that the NFL should end.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Didn't watch it. The players don't care so why should I? I think this is an outdated tradition that the NFL should end.
Same here.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:40 PM

387 posts, read 358,449 times
The NFL should add some kind of incentives like scheduling advantages for points or plays or a win. The logistics might be hard but it would probably add a little more excitement to the game.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:45 AM

953 posts, read 843,067 times
The game has become an embarrassment and it should finally be put to rest. Attendance yesterday was not good and for all the right reasons.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:20 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Well, I've stopped watching the Pro Bowl because it's just a scrimmage. I pretty much don't watch all star games for any sport, whether football, baseball, basketball, or hockey because they don't mean anything.
Well I wonder why you even responded.

Since you didn't watch it, I'm not interested in your opinion or non-experience about it.

I enjoyed it. That AFC had a bit of No-fly zone going on and there was some good tackling.

I was flipping back and forth between this game and the NFL channel's recap of past Super Bowls.

It's a knee-jerk reaction to bash the Pro Bowl but it was actually pretty entertaining this time.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
I watched less than half the 1st quarter... but the final score (20-13) tells me that even the NFL didn't want this type of game. They want a shoot out. A 44-41 type of game.... but the players just don't care enough to put forth too much effort.. The few minutes i watched.. they were not even tackling.. Elliott went up the middle on a run and they simply swarmed him to a stop after a few yards.. i don't blame 'em but don't try to sell this for something its not..

I don't know how you fix the pro bowl... but you can't ask these guys to go risk millions of dollars on an exhibition game. You just can't. You either going to have to bring in players (non pro bowl types) and offer them a big $ to play, bigger for the winner and even bigger for the MVP. If you got a 1st year guy making 600k and you give him 600k just for one game.. he's gonna play and he is gonna play hard.. Or you could simply have the Pro Bowlers play flag football... divide 'em up into 4 or 8 teams.. and have a little tournament.. flag football. Do something because what they are doing now, is NOT good and its NOT WORKING>. JMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football