U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:55 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,289,711 times

Advertisements

Imagine if the Patriots had Gronskowi and serial killer Hernandez and their current lineup?? (Although they need to beef up their defense)

Old 02-06-2017, 05:59 AM

3,530 posts, read 3,072,094 times
We get that y'all won, but at least respect the Falcons. So many teams couldn't even get to the Super Bowl, let alone hold Tom Brady to three points for three quarters.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 AM

28,460 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I agree the Falcons gave it away. Before the sack I said "3 runs then kick a field goal". That would have probably been enough. Instead they take a deep drop and get knocked out of field goal range. That's right there with Seattle throwing near the goal line 2 years ago.

While I agree in this particular game the coin toss was huge that is no reason to change the OT rule. To what? The college rule is stupid. Tue NFLPA would never agree to playing an entire 5th quarter, besides thst removes the drama of sudden death. They had plenty of chances to keep the Pats out of the end zone and they failed. That's not the rule, that's the defense.
Total agreement.

Falcons were brain dead on not scoring after being at the Pats 22.

OT - it's a TEAM game... three phases. They all need to function, otherwise it is sudden death.

I knew it was over once they got the first 1st down in OT. Falcons "D" on the field too long.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:29 AM

6,446 posts, read 3,455,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
We get that y'all won, but at least respect the Falcons. So many teams couldn't even get to the Super Bowl, let alone hold Tom Brady to three points for three quarters.
I totally respect the Falcons. They are young and fast. But it looks like the Patriots won on experience and conditioning, as the Pats looked fresher late in the game on both sides of the ball.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:31 AM

10,460 posts, read 5,924,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Total agreement.

Falcons were brain dead on not scoring after being at the Pats 22.

OT - it's a TEAM game... three phases. They all need to function, otherwise it is sudden death.

I knew it was over once they got the first 1st down in OT. Falcons "D" on the field too long.
We all knew the Pats would move it but it wasn't unreasonable to expect Atlanta to hold them to a field goal. They didn't get it done and that's on them, not the rules.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 AM

2,133 posts, read 984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
An utterly amazing, exciting game. The best Super Bowl ever, of all time. Congrats to the Patriots and their fans, from a 49ers fan.

Minnesota Vikings too.
There's been better Super Bowls (Dallas/Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh/Arizona), imo ... This was simply the greatest comeback.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:37 AM

2,133 posts, read 984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Hardly. Boston Metro and Massachusetts and most of New England voted Democrat BLUE BLUE BLUE!

Pessimist Trump left his own Super Bowl party after Tom Brady and the Patriots fell behind.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...023024479.html

He didn't even stick around to cheer on his friend or team. What a jerk!. No, knowing Trump, he said to himself something like "I don't associate with losers" and felt slighted. I hope he didn't get to later enjoy the turnaround. Amazing game, and I don't like American football much.

"The 45th president of the United States left his viewing party at Mar-a-Lago in Florida by 9 p.m. eastern time, which would be during the halftime show shortly after Brady thew a back-breaking interception that put the Falcons up 21-3 at the break."

I saw the game, though, and rooted for the Patriots because I descend from New Englanders who arrived on the Mayflower.
Yeah, except he left to go do some work. Be jealous.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:42 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Who isn't respecting the Falcons? They will be back and very competitive in the years to come. They have a great nucleus on defense and great weapons on offense.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:44 AM

6,446 posts, read 3,455,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Who isn't respecting the Falcons? They will be back and very competitive in the years to come. They have a great nucleus on defense and great weapons on offense.
It's what makes this comeback even that much more amazing.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:07 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
I can't even think of going there! I've seen things on the internet, NFL is rigged, always about refs after a game, please, just stop.

Play the game, I wish everyone would get over the Patriots as cheaters, this game was fixed, etc. it is entertainment, relax and enjoy it.

Falcons were leading 28-3, all they had to do was protect that lead, you don't let up, take your foot off the gas, keep playing the same game that got you to 28.

This is the Patriots you are playing, never, ever sleep on them, experienced playoff team, and I think in this case, that experience paid off. Their players were energized at the end, Falcons were worn out and no match when Patriots were ready to play their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or