U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:16 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I can't even think of going there! I've seen things on the internet, NFL is rigged, always about refs after a game, please, just stop.

Play the game, I wish everyone would get over the Patriots as cheaters, this game was fixed, etc. it is entertainment, relax and enjoy it.

Falcons were leading 28-3, all they had to do was protect that lead, you don't let up, take your foot off the gas, keep playing the same game that got you to 28.

This is the Patriots you are playing, never, ever sleep on them, experienced playoff team, and I think in this case, that experience paid off. Their players were energized at the end, Falcons were worn out and no match when Patriots were ready to play their game.
I could not agree with this more. The Falcons came out fast, and as a runner, I think they didn't pace themselves. The patience of experience shined bright last night.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:27 AM

3,625 posts, read 1,565,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I can't even think of going there! I've seen things on the internet, NFL is rigged, always about refs after a game, please, just stop.

Play the game, I wish everyone would get over the Patriots as cheaters, this game was fixed, etc. it is entertainment, relax and enjoy it.

Falcons were leading 28-3, all they had to do was protect that lead, you don't let up, take your foot off the gas, keep playing the same game that got you to 28.

This is the Patriots you are playing, never, ever sleep on them, experienced playoff team, and I think in this case, that experience paid off. Their players were energized at the end, Falcons were worn out and no match when Patriots were ready to play their game.
If you take any high profile leagues in the world, its image is built around some "Superstars" which forms the core of "Teams" . Branding is very important.

Patriots are built around Brady. With this they could even more sell his brand.

People worship Heroes , not mortals . Why would media or people watch some unknown guys heroics?

Its a magical reality to be under pressure all the time and wake up during last moments. This is the first time I watched an NFL game and even I could figure out Ryan held the ground too long before that fumble..

Even Roger Federer, the greatest Athlete of all time , took 9 years to clear his mental hurdle(Nadal).

Its about money, power and prestige. Like Banks, the brands are also too big to fail .

Old 02-06-2017, 08:16 AM

2,995 posts, read 1,220,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Very cool to have been there ... I watched it on television. Nine members of that starting Green Bay lineup went on to the Hall of Fame. The names bring back memories ... Forrest Gregg, Jim Taylor, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, Henry Jordan, Dave Robinson, Willie Davis, Herb Adderley and Willie Wood.
I was a young Los Angeles Ram fan so I really wasn't a Packer fan and was hoping the underdog Chiefs would win with Dawson and Mike Garrett. But I always liked Bart Starr, Paul Hornung (sp?) and Willie Wood (because he was from USC).

Back then it was pretty easy to go to the game if you lived in LA. I think my dad paid 10 dollars a ticket and they were good seats.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:42 AM

3,837 posts, read 1,419,464 times
As a long suffering Atlanta sports fan, I should have seen this choke coming. It happens every time one of our teams gets to a "big game". Congratulations to The Pats- they couldn't have done it without The Falcons help!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
I can't think of a town who's sports teams have choked away more championships.
The Braves of the 90's set the standard for choking!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:44 AM

1,627 posts, read 1,019,839 times
Makes me wonder if the SF 49ers want to redo that Shannhan offer.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
We all know WEEI would be singing a different tune tomorrow if the tables were turned.

The Falcons have an excellent offense. It should be equaled out in OT. Each team should get to play their offense and defense at least once.
When you blow a 25 point lead, you don't deserve another chance. This coming from a Falcons fan.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:14 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
When you blow a 25 point lead, you don't deserve another chance. This coming from a Falcons fan.
But look who you were playing. Wasn't a one hit wonder team, but a team on a 17 year run of excellence.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:21 AM

16,531 posts, read 20,991,509 times
JJG has been a member of City Data for over a decade and has been quite a help to the football forums. He always does a "Super Bowl Tribute Thread." right after the game is over. I'll lock this thread. JJG's tribute thread will be a sticky for a few weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or