U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2017, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,258,281 times
Reputation: 1421

Advertisements

I believe Brady/Belichick may well be the greatest tentures in the NFL ever, perhaps even more than Starr/Lombardi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2017, 11:20 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,873 posts, read 19,295,400 times
Reputation: 21287
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Patriots play in the free agent era. 49ers got to keep all their good players for their run. Big difference.
Can you imagine if there were no free agency now? Our Dynasty would be 16 years long by now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 11:23 AM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
plus Lott played in an era that allowed much more physical contact by the DBs than is allowed nowadays
You can thank the Colts for crying to the NFL after the Patriots manhandled their receivers in the 2004 AFC title game. The NFL changed the rules shortly thereafter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 11:25 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,873 posts, read 19,295,400 times
Reputation: 21287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
You can thank the Colts for crying to the NFL after the Patriots manhandled their receivers in the 2004 AFC title game. The NFL changed the rules shortly thereafter.
Boo-hoo-hoo. Then cried about their deflated balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
Reputation: 33476
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Boo-hoo-hoo. Then cried about their deflated balls.

Atlanta probably has some of those today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 11:33 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,873 posts, read 19,295,400 times
Reputation: 21287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Atlanta probably has some of those today
LMAO Absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 12:13 PM
 
4,445 posts, read 3,525,516 times
Reputation: 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Can you imagine if there were no free agency now? Our Dynasty would be 16 years long by now!
I don't think it matters to Belichick or the Patriots. They purposely dumped players who were on the downside of their careers and never really went for big free agents.

Their free agents were supposedly unwanted guys other teams just didn't know how to utilize: Welker, Amendola, Hogan, etc.

They find the diamonds in the rough, not big names. Of course they have had big acquisitions in the past (Corey Dillon, Moss, Adalius Thomas) but overall they get pieces that fit their scheme.

The one constant has been Brady at QB. In 10 years most people won't even be able to name the WR for the Patriots in SB LI just like most can't name the WR's from their first 3 championships (without using Google or being die hard Patriots fan)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 12:59 PM
 
Location: SWFL
22,873 posts, read 19,295,400 times
Reputation: 21287
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
I don't think it matters to Belichick or the Patriots. They purposely dumped players who were on the downside of their careers and never really went for big free agents.

Their free agents were supposedly unwanted guys other teams just didn't know how to utilize: Welker, Amendola, Hogan, etc.

They find the diamonds in the rough, not big names. Of course they have had big acquisitions in the past (Corey Dillon, Moss, Adalius Thomas) but overall they get pieces that fit their scheme.

The one constant has been Brady at QB. In 10 years most people won't even be able to name the WR for the Patriots in SB LI just like most can't name the WR's from their first 3 championships (without using Google or being die hard Patriots fan)
You are quite correct, IShoot. I can't remember a lot of names already. Bruschi, Vrabel, Welker, Vinetari. I remember names of BOSTON Patriots more than I do New England.

Ugh, Randy Moss was such a disappointment. Too much of a diva. I went from liking him as an opposing player, to not liking him as a Patriot.

Look at Brady....What number was he picked up at by Belichick?? 100? 200? It's been so long since I heard Brady talk about it but I know nobody wanted the guy who was THE diamond in the rough. He wasn't even on the field 5 mins when most of New England KNEW we had a champion!! It's a wonder everybody jumping up and down didn't cause an earthquake in 2001 when he took the field for the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM
 
4,445 posts, read 3,525,516 times
Reputation: 5304
And I'm one of the biggest NE haters but have to give them respect.

I'm just glad Terrell Davis got into the Hall of Fame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,258,281 times
Reputation: 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
And I'm one of the biggest NE haters but have to give them respect.

I'm just glad Terrell Davis got into the Hall of Fame
Same here. I hate the Patriots but I have to admit they are a winning team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top