U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,173,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
I don't think you're correct.
I have no real skin in the game, I was slightly pulling for the Patriots.
You may be in a minority. Most people (here) did not want the Pats to win another Superbowl. I suspect the OP is certainly one of those.
Quote:
For the regular season, sure
For the Super Bowl?
Yes, even the Superbowl. Seeing teams go back and forth with no end in sight will eventually get old. Think of signs of impatience after already sitting for a full game. Again, even players get tired and want a resolution.

Quote:
It'd need to be proven to me that the length of baseball games is significantly more variable than that of football games.
Really? How often do football games go beyond overtime? How often do baseball games go beyond 9 innings?

Last edited by LexWest; 02-08-2017 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 08:50 PM

6,593 posts, read 3,643,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
You may be in a minority. Most people (here) did not want the Pats to win another Superbowl. I suspect the OP is certainly one of those.

Yes, even the Superbowl. Seeing teams go back and forth with no end in sight will eventually get old. Think of signs of impatience after already sitting for a full game. Again, even players get tired and want a resolution.

Really? How often do football games go beyond overtime? How often do baseball games go beyond 9 innings?

What did the NFL push as The Greatest Game Ever Played? The 1958 Championship which went to Sudden Death overtime. Sudden death, not trading possessions was the dramatic break which gave that first championship the status it held.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or