U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 07:31 PM

9,444 posts, read 7,128,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Here's an interesting question: who would you consider the GOAT franchise in the NFC South? Panthers and Falcons have been to SB multiple times but are winless, Bucs and Saints are one-hit wonders. Carolina 2013-2015 is the only team to win consecutive titles in that division...
None of the above. None of the teams there have had sustained success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
I vote Buccaneers. One SB and a long history and tradition of great defense.
Their 'tradition' of defense was for about 10 years. Probably a little less than that.

To me, it'd take a whole lot longer to erase that 0-26 memory.

They were a giant pile of suck as an expansion team. Did, actually a nice job building up to being a decent team from 79 to 81. Then it was 15 lost years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 08:19 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
The Vikings had been to 4 Super Bowls and lost every one.

The Vikings stated they believed Favre would win them a Super Bowl.
This isn't horse shoes where " getting close" to even playing in the Super Bowl counts.

As I stated, they were more than one player away from winning the Super Bowl back then and still are today and will continue to be for many years to come.

I attended a game at Met Stadium their very first year (over 50 years ago ) and doubt they will win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

( I have my doubts in my kids' lifetime also )
I disagree with your opinion. The season Favre had was great. The season the Vikings had was great. One or two plays go the other way and we could easily be talking about the Vikings as super bowl champs. It doesn't get any more clear than that to me. Favre came in and single handedly made a huge difference for that team. Are you going to tell me any average QB would have come in and gotten the Vikings to within a first down of the Super Bowl?

Old 02-12-2017, 08:38 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
Great post and on target. Something Packer fans think about and was brought up this summer! Would Favre have been welcomed back so warmly if he had gone to win a SB with the Vikings?

No answer, of course, but discussed a great deal. Some Packer fans do say, thanks so much for that INT!!! Packers and Vikings were both in the playoffs, Packers lost to AZ, a barn burner, over 90 points scored, I think.

Packers went on to win the SB the next year. SB wins cures many ills for teams plus Rodgers finally won fans over as he really was treated poorly by fans at the start.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:43 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,538,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I disagree with your opinion. The season Favre had was great. The season the Vikings had was great. One or two plays go the other way and we could easily be talking about the Vikings as super bowl champs. It doesn't get any more clear than that to me. Favre came in and single handedly made a huge difference for that team. Are you going to tell me any average QB would have come in and gotten the Vikings to within a first down of the Super Bowl?
coulda,woulda,shouda

As I stated, I don't care how great of a season the Vikings had with Favre, they did not even make it to the Super Bowl.

( they had 4 times in the past w/o begging a QB to play for them )

Old 02-12-2017, 11:46 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,538,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
(last sentence)........I have never heard a GM praise a draft pick by stating.........." He has so much potential one day we expect him to take us .......within a first down of getting to the Super Bowl ...

Last edited by David A Stone; 02-12-2017 at 12:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or