U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:47 AM

8,792 posts, read 5,661,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm a Patriots fan and Brady is my favorite athlete of all time, so we can get that out of the way.

Aside from the "Gates", the only bad thing I can come up with on Brady is his child out of wedlock with Bridget Moynihan.

The cheating cloud outsiders tag is questionable to me. SpyGate - ignoring a NFL memo and taping in an outlawed place on the field, when taping anywhere else was allowed - cheating? DeflateGate where a supposed ball tampering carries a $25,000 fine. Yet the pathetic Wells report changes the game ultimately suspending Brady.

All I see is a hard worker dedicated to his craft, a family man, and a leader of men, and the greatest QB of all time.

Please don't derail this thread. I honestly want to see what fuels the Brady hate.
What hate? I think you are just overly emotional because he is your "favorite" player. A lot of people tend to root for the underdog and except for johnny-come-latelies who jump on a team bandwagon because they won, tend to get tired of people and teams that are always in the winner's circle.

The fact that these teams get promoted as "America's team" also tends to set people against them.

I'm sure it's nothing personal against Brady. If I had to choose, and if Wentz were not my team's QB, I think I would prefer Rodgers, or Wilson.

Perhaps there is too much of a politics view process creeping into otherwise non-political American life. Not liking or agreeing with someone or something doesn't mean you hate it or them.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 PM

282 posts, read 121,182 times
Quote:
I'm a Patriots fan and Brady is my favorite athlete of all time, so we can get that out of the way.

Aside from the "Gates", the only bad thing I can come up with on Brady is his child out of wedlock with Bridget Moynihan.

The cheating cloud outsiders tag is questionable to me. SpyGate - ignoring a NFL memo and taping in an outlawed place on the field, when taping anywhere else was allowed - cheating? DeflateGate where a supposed ball tampering carries a $25,000 fine. Yet the pathetic Wells report changes the game ultimately suspending Brady.

All I see is a hard worker dedicated to his craft, a family man, and a leader of men, and the greatest QB of all time.

Please don't derail this thread. I honestly want to see what fuels the Brady hate.
I don't think he had any involvement at all in Spygate. Deflategate was a minor equipment violation at most. If anything, he throws the ball better when it's inflated more. Other teams have been caught committing the same infraction, but haven't been punished for it. It can also occur naturally without intention due to the ideal glass law. It was basically a witch hunt brought on by other teams frustrated by getting beat by New England year after year.

As far as Bridget Moynahan and their child goes, I can't really see any fault there. It was just bad timing. But it produced a beautiful child. Brady has always been there for his son, as has his wife Gisele. I sort of feel like the "out of wedlock" thing gets overblown because it's better to have a father who's actively involved in the child's life, even if he wasn't officially married to the child's mother at the time of birth, than a father who was married to the mother, but then ends up abandoning the child early on. If Brady had tried to have a shotgun wedding out of a sense of duty, instead of moving on and marrying for love, I think everybody involved would probably be less happy than they are now.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:53 PM

282 posts, read 121,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont hate brady, i never met the man, however i do dislike that there were a lot of bogus rules that came about because of brady, the tuck rule for instance. i am sorry, but if you cant control the ball when you are pulling it down, and you lose it, its properly called a fumble. i also note that often times penalties called against teams that beat up on brady, tend not to get called when the patriots make the same penalties against other quarterbacks.

in the end brady is a talented and brilliant quarterback.
You've got it completely backwards. The Tuck Rule was a preexisting rule that was correctly applied in that case. It wasn't made up on the spot to benefit Brady and the Pats. Eventually, the rule was rescinded, probably because of Brady, so if anything, you should credit him for helping to get rid of it, rather than blaming him for a rule that he had nothing to do with. If you didn't like the rule, that's fine, but don't fudge the facts and don't blame Brady when he neither made nor enforced the rule.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-21-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 02-10-2017, 05:52 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

- Something about Brady seems fake to me. I can't put my finger on it. He reminds me a lot of Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR.) Both have a lot of success, & during interviews they keep it extremely safe & are always politically correct. They have the aw-shucks attitude with their little chuckle they do. Then you see Brady on the field dropping f bombs on refs, chewing teammates out. I can't remember if it was the Ravens or Seahawks D who said -- during commercial breaks when the camera is off that Brady talks more trash & drops more profanities than any player on the field. I'm not surprised. He rubs me as the type that is one way when the camera is on & completely different when it's off. But hey, at least he talks to his mom still which is more than Aaron Rodgers can manage.
You definitely lose me on this, as it just seems you have no idea of the differentiation of on field and off field personality.

In game Brady demands excellence, and he's earned the right to do so. He's a leader, and his teammates want to play for him because he's a winner. He rightfully chewed out Edelman several games ago for giving up on a route (which he did), and he went right back to him. EVERY player whines to refs so please, that's entirely lame to think Brady is worse than anyone else.

And in bold you are right. On field he's an intense individual with one goal in mind, not to just win but win the Super Bowl, because that's why you play in the NFL. Off field he's a family man (including taking very good care of his child with Bridget), does plenty of charity work, a husband to a world wide phenom in the modeling business (and makes more money too). So you fell flat on this one, but if it makes you feel better.....

Old 02-10-2017, 05:57 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,468,436 times
Quote:

Do we have to have a reason? Sometimes somebody just rubs you the wrong way and you don't like them. He's got millions of dollars and 5 Super Bowl rings. I doubt it keeps him up at night.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:20 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Do we have to have a reason? Sometimes somebody just rubs you the wrong way and you don't like them. He's got millions of dollars and 5 Super Bowl rings. I doubt it keeps him up at night.
Just curious.

I used to hate the New York Yankees as a Red Sox fan. Hated them. Steinbrenner was buying championships with his deep pockets, even paying the luxury tax at times. But in hindsight I really didn't hate them at all, but instead it was more of complaining that my own team couldn't get over the Yankees hump, until in EPIC fashion in 2004.

I hated the Montreal Canadiens. A thorn in the Bruins side. Ken Dryden sucked because he was too big and covered too much net. Yet he was just great at his position.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:56 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,365,548 times
Quote:
Just curious.

I used to hate the New York Yankees as a Red Sox fan. Hated them. Steinbrenner was buying championships with his deep pockets, even paying the luxury tax at times. But in hindsight I really didn't hate them at all, but instead it was more of complaining that my own team couldn't get over the Yankees hump, until in EPIC fashion in 2004.

I hated the Montreal Canadiens. A thorn in the Bruins side. Ken Dryden sucked because he was too big and covered too much net. Yet he was just great at his position.
Redsox have been in the top 4 payroll spending every year since '04 (when the Yankees were the only team with a higher payroll). But, yeah, only the Yankees buy championships.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:10 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,372,427 times
Quote:
Off field he's a family man
I had no idea he was a family man.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:31 PM

140 posts, read 64,555 times
People act like only the Patriots spy on practices or deflated balls. How many did it but never got caught? Dominant sports team are either loved or hated: Patriots, Yankees, Lakers(of the past). Success brings out the jealousy in others.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,222,762 times
Quote:
I honestly want to see what fuels the Brady hate.
I don't think he played by the rules nor did he take responsibility when he was caught cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football