Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,139,754 times

Advertisements

I can't stand how he was dating his current wife while his ex girlfriend was newly pregnant with their child. I know most people wouldn't bat an eye at this but I just can't buy the "wonderful family man" image because of this.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:47 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,999,003 times
Oh yeah, he went to xichigan. That's as good a reason as any. Lol.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:22 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,122,133 times
I really do not know why they hate Brady
I am certainly not a Brady or Pat fan----being a lifelong Pack fan.
I sometimes resent the Pats getting involved in controversies, yet I have a healthy respect for Kraft, Bellicheck, and the organization. The Pats know how to win and surround Brady with what he needs to win----and I for one, have to admit I am a bit envious at your success.
People tend to translate Bradys confidence and construe it as arrogance-----a great qb needs to be very confident.
Some people tend to translate Brady and Giselle as two beautiful entitled people------that is their problem I guess.
I really do not care about his publicity, news magazine appearances, or photo ops. The man knows how to separate all that from what happens on the field and with his team.
I hand it to Brady------every time I think others are better, he proves me wrong.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:37 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,770,867 times
I've never been a Brady fan, but I have a new found respect for him after watching him fight back to win this last SB. Few, if any other QB's would have kept focus in a SB down 28-3 going into the 4th. I think in the past, I disliked him as he just struck me a spoiled, pompous brat. But I guess he has earned that right. Can't say I wouldn't be arrogant if I accomplished all he has. Another reason, he does have a way to sniff out wins and an overall feel for the game, but as a raw athletic passer, I would not even place him in the top ten of all time. But in the NFL, a winner is a winner and I recognize that. He has sixth scent to win games in this league. He also trains hard and keeps his game mind sharp year round.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:41 PM

4,663 posts, read 3,839,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The point of my O.P. is a curiosity as to the reasons. Not going to hurt my feelings nor should it to any Brady fan, but I am interested in hearing the viewpoints from "the other side"
OK, if you really want to read it. Rarog already wrote a lot of points I have.

- Whining after hits. Like Rarog said, he used to be a lot worse (along with Manning.) But after any hit, Brady would immediately look at the ref and often throw his hands up-saying where's the flag. It got so bad that even his old teammate Rodney Harrison of the Pats said “Take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up.” Brady still occasionally looks to the ref & Aaron Rodgers looks to the ref a lot now after hits, & it's annoying.

- Spygate. Most likely robbing the Rams of the Super Bowl. Pats were ready for plays the Rams had never even called before in a game. Like Faulk said about the Super Bowl matchup, "It's either the best coaching in the world when you come up with situations that you had never seen before. Or you'd seen it and knew what to do." I was actually cheering for the Pats in that game because I was sick of the 'Greatest Show on Turf.' Something smells about that win though.

- Brady gets too much credit for wins. Thing with Pat is they rarely make mistakes. They rarely muff punts or mess up on defensive reads or fumble snaps. The teams always focused & discplined & that's why they win. Team effort. Brady is a big part of it, but he's not the sole reason.

- GOAT talk has gotten out of control. Brady fans can't write 2 sentences about him without having to remind the reader that he's the GOAT. OK, we get it already. You don't have to remind us 37 times a day. It's as bad as Seahawk fans a few years ago when they constantly had to remind you they were the best fans in the world in all the history of sports. God help you if you dare disagree.

- Something about Brady seems fake to me. I can't put my finger on it. He reminds me a lot of Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR.) Both have a lot of success, & during interviews they keep it extremely safe & are always politically correct. They have the aw-shucks attitude with their little chuckle they do. Then you see Brady on the field dropping f bombs on refs, chewing teammates out. I can't remember if it was the Ravens or Seahawks D who said -- during commercial breaks when the camera is off that Brady talks more trash & drops more profanities than any player on the field. I'm not surprised. He rubs me as the type that is one way when the camera is on & completely different when it's off. But hey, at least he talks to his mom still which is more than Aaron Rodgers can manage.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:19 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,713,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I've never been a Brady fan, but I have a new found respect for him after watching him fight back to win this last SB. Few, if any other QB's would have kept focus in a SB down 28-3 going into the 4th. I think in the past, I disliked him as he just struck me a spoiled, pompous brat. But I guess he has earned that right. Can't say I wouldn't be arrogant if I accomplished all he has. Another reason, he does have a way to sniff out wins and an overall feel for the game, but as a raw athletic passer, I would not even place him in the top ten of all time. But in the NFL, a winner is a winner and I recognize that. He has sixth scent to win games in this league. He also trains hard and keeps his game mind sharp year round.
He also stays in great shape. All the Pats do. Very few teams run after practice but the Pats are one of them. The Super Bowl was a war of attrition and the Pats outlasted the dragging Falcons. This includes Brady, who fought hard the whole game.

If Brady stays in great shape, and there's no reason he shouldn't, then as long as he can stay injury-free he still has 3 good seasons in him.

I am not a Brady fan, I am a Montana fan, but I give Brady his due.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 AM

7,583 posts, read 6,052,104 times
I do not hate Tom Brady ans as many times as I say "I hate the Patriots" I do not really "HATE" Them. But as a Dolphins Fan, they are the Rivals. I want to see them lose, and I want to see them all come back the next week and lose again. I want to see their best and healthiest lose to other's best and healthiest.

This goes way back though, and being a life long Dolphins fan, probably started when I was very young. In fact, it goes back to this, the first time I recall the Patriots CHEATING yes CHEATING
Vault Keeper: The Snowplow game - NFL Videos

Old 02-10-2017, 07:30 AM

16,181 posts, read 10,326,018 times
Count me as another one who never roots for the guy on top but always considered the hate for Tom Brady complete unjustified and based entirely on his success. As I said in another thread declining Obama's invitation to the White House was a really classless move, and I firmly believe he did have balls deflated. But he paid for the ball deflation and I can get over the White House snub.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:19 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,262,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Most fans have no idea what Spygate was about. Most fans did not bother looking into the sham that was deflategate. Look at people's reactions when you have seen other teams penalized for infractions - the Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise, the Broncos cheating the salary cap, A Jets' equipment staffer being suspended for using unapproved balls in 2009, Mike Tomlin essentially tripping a player, heck Jerry Rice came out and said he would use stick'em on his gloves. Any time you're at the top, and the Patriots have had more success than any NFL team over the last 16 seasons, you will have plenty of people that want to see you fail and have ill thoughts towards you.

I am a Patriots fan and I couldn't care less that fans of other teams hate Brady and the Patriots. They are the single greatest dynasty in NFL history and that's all that maters to me.
Because we are Patriots fans, it's hard for others to listen to us.

Spygate IMO is absolutely the most misunderstood infraction I have ever seen. Belichick admits he ignored an NFL memo at the beginning of that season stating you could no longer tape in a particular place. To allude that to be a big cheat and a huge competitive advantage is naive as taping was allowed. So please tell me a different angle makes all the difference in the world.

And I read the entire Wells Report. Millions of dollars spent on a conclusion of more probable than not. A $125,000 ($25k/ball) fine should have been levied as that was the supposed infraction, but instead it turned into a ridiculous strung out waste of time where IMO it was all about Goodell proving his power and had nothing to to with Brady.

So there two things get tossed on Brady's back as a BIG cheat. So if all the haters crying cheat are right, the Pats cheat every game, and cheated in the Super Bowl, and just live to cheat. Everyone forgot Bountygate which was much worse because the Saints just aren't that good. Various pumped in crowd noise at stadiums? Not the Pats so forgotten.

But like you, I could care less. 7-4 in AFC Championships, 5-2 in Super Bowls, all with the same coach and the greatest QB of all time.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:37 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,713,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I do not hate Tom Brady ans as many times as I say "I hate the Patriots" I do not really "HATE" Them. But as a Dolphins Fan, they are the Rivals. I want to see them lose, and I want to see them all come back the next week and lose again. I want to see their best and healthiest lose to other's best and healthiest.

This goes way back though, and being a life long Dolphins fan, probably started when I was very young. In fact, it goes back to this, the first time I recall the Patriots CHEATING yes CHEATING
Vault Keeper: The Snowplow game - NFL Videos
I remember that, that was a wild NFL moment. The video link didn't work for me. Here's one off of youtube:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwOLaZUh-k.

That defines "Home field advantage." According to Wikipedia that snowplow driver got a game ball from the Pats.

Yeah I can see how you'd "hate" them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.