U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:15 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
The list is now evidently up to at least 6 Pats players not interested and growing.
Trump is a lightning rod----in his ascendancy he has made calculated efforts to upset divergent groups of people.
I respect the rights of Pats players to decide on the own accord whether or not to attend the White House super bowl honors.

If some players do not feel comfortable with Trumps game plan, do not attend----I don't blame them for not attending----this is a guy who has gone out of his way to alienate some segments our nation.
But how many of these six went just two years ago? Again, it's not all it is cracked up to be. A 20 minute photo op. That is all. No special tour. No lunch-in. I'm sure most of those six feel they've been there done that, no thanks to doing it again. Rather take the wife and kids on vacation.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:26 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,231,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
The fact that several players are openly refusing to attend a White house ceremony because they dont like Trump. What a selfish attitude and really tacky. Did they even think about how that makes Robert Kraft look? When asked by Trump why some of the players on his team didn't show up..what is he supposed to say? Look, i get it, some people dont like Trump, but this is about the team, not the individual. Just really petty.
I don't blame them. I wouldn't attend either. More than some people, btw. More like millions of people. It would help if he put some ethnic minorities in his cabinet. He has none.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:19 PM

16,531 posts, read 20,986,524 times
I saw this thread maybe 5 minutes after it came on the board. I'm not fond of threads with politics intertwined with it. But I gave people a couple days to see where this was going to go. It just hit the stop sign.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or