U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:06 PM

22,943 posts, read 19,373,370 times

Advertisements

Gino Capeletti, former kicker for the Boston Patriots gave me his autograph for nuttin. We also had a good reminisce about my first football game, championship game with the Pats against the Oilers at Harvard stadium. Pre Super Bowl.

Got Bob Montgomery, catcher for the Red Sox. Governors, Ted and Bobby Kennedy. All just for asking.

I wouldn't pay a penny for anyone's autograph. They should be doing it for free and be thankful people want their John Hancock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 01:44 PM

4,315 posts, read 2,544,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Gino Capeletti, former kicker for the Boston Patriots gave me his autograph for nuttin. We also had a good reminisce about my first football game, championship game with the Pats against the Oilers at Harvard stadium. Pre Super Bowl.

Got Bob Montgomery, catcher for the Red Sox. Governors, Ted and Bobby Kennedy. All just for asking.

I wouldn't pay a penny for anyone's autograph. They should be doing it for free and be thankful people want their John Hancock.
Maybe back then men weren't pushing their kids to get autographs so daddy could make lots of money selling it online.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Maybe back then men weren't pushing their kids to get autographs so daddy could make lots of money selling it online.
I never thought of that. Every Red Sox game I went to in the '80s and '90s, we had season tickets, I saw lots of players giving kids their autographs. Of course I never noticed if Boggs, Rice, Evans were amongst them.

Now, as much pleasure I get out of being at Fenway, the Garden or Gillette, I won't pay the ticket prices to pay these athletes. I love my sports teams but IMO society is bassackwards. Teachers, LEO, firefighters, EMTs, nurses, are the people who should get bigger bucks, not athletes.

The USA reminds me of the golden days of the Roman Empire and we all know what happened to them.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:20 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,302,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Tom Brady signs autographs all the time.

This story is about a private signing event, where footballs and helmets and photos are signed, including with privately-requested messages. Paperwork certifying the authenticity undoubtedly comes along with the goods.

If Gino Cappelletti gave you a helmet, signed it, and included a letter of authenticity - all for free - then I'm very impressed. But I highly, highly doubt that he signed things like this pro bono:
Autographed Gino Cappelletti Mini Helmet - Jsa

Old 02-16-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Tom Brady signs autographs all the time.

This story is about a private signing event, where footballs and helmets and photos are signed, including with privately-requested messages. Paperwork certifying the authenticity undoubtedly comes along with the goods.

If Gino Cappelletti gave you a helmet, signed it, and included a letter of authenticity - all for free - then I'm very impressed. But I highly, highly doubt that he signed things like this pro bono:
Autographed Gino Cappelletti Mini Helmet - Jsa
Ok, now I understand about how these autograph signings work.

I didn't say Gino gave me a helmet. He came to my work about something and came out into the factory where my machine was right across from the door. I looked up and was a ten year old girl again with my first sports celebrity crush. The office worker made sure I got a private audience with him.

It was only an autograph but it was very personal, talking about the reminiscing we did. I wouldn't sell it for the world.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:18 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,289,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Making $20 million a year and he charges for autographs?
He would be an idiot not to, since the people getting them are selling them.

And he certainly doesn't get 20 million from the Pats. Not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football