Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

It really is all about brett favre isn't it.

Yes, it is.

The longer this drags out, the more Brett makes sports headlines, the more football fans everywhere are talking about Brett one way or another, and the more he pretty much divides Packers nation because you have some Packers fans ready to move on, and others who still want Brett back and have the thought in the back of their minds that he will be back.

Brett Favre is being selfish, none of this would have ever happened if he just kept his mouth shut about ever thinking of retirement and just played until he was truly ready to call it quits. This has been going on the last few years and it's a crock of you know what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Yes, it is.

The longer this drags out, the more Brett makes sports headlines, the more football fans everywhere are talking about Brett one way or another, and the more he pretty much divides Packers nation because you have some Packers fans ready to move on, and others who still want Brett back and have the thought in the back of their minds that he will be back.

Brett Favre is being selfish, none of this would have ever happened if he just kept his mouth shut about ever thinking of retirement and just played until he was truly ready to call it quits. This has been going on the last few years and it's a crock of you know what.
Yeah, but you have to love how he turned it around on management -- "They forced me to make a decision before I was ready. Waaaaaaaah!"

Hey, Brett, most other NFL players don't need an entire summer to make up their minds about retirement, so why do you? After years of his will-he-or-won't-he offseason drama, management finally came to Brett and said, "We need a decision now, so we can go into the draft and free agency with some kind of direction for our future." So Brett decides to retire, and then he says he wishes he hadn't, but instead of taking the blame, he puts it on management for pushing him. Gimme a break! If you weren't ready to retire, then you shouldn't have retired! But you made your choice, so be a man and stick with it. Cripes.

I'm just sickened by how he's painted everyone in the front office as a villain. I'm sure management isn't perfect, but in the end, they call the shots. And either way, it's totally classless to air all this dirty laundry in public, after both parties surely understood that their conversations were private and meant to stay that way. He's thrown just about everybody in the organization under the bus at this point. All so he can get his selfish little way.

I think I'll be auctioning my Favre jersey on eBay ...

Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
I agree that Favre is clearly to blame. I hope he doesn't try to pit the GB fans vs. the Packers' management.

If Godell accepts Favre's reinstatement (which seems very likely), then what happens? Would the Packers then be forced to put Favre on the roster or outright release him if Favre doesn't accept a trade (given his veto power)?

Does Favre want to unretire b/c of the money? Does he miss practice and being w/ the guys? Did he finally remember that his final pass was an INT that pretty much ended his team's season? Is he just bored?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

Does Favre want to unretire b/c of the money? Does he miss practice and being w/ the guys? Did he finally remember that his final pass was an INT that pretty much ended his team's season? Is he just bored?
You know, someone should ask him that

Old 08-03-2008, 06:17 PM

Holy crap, not only was Favre's reinstatement accepted by Goodell, Green Bay has said that the starting QB position is up for grabs now. Yikes!!

Old 08-03-2008, 07:21 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
The whole situation is utterly laughable.

The end.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Holy crap, not only was Favre's reinstatement accepted by Goodell, Green Bay has said that the starting QB position is up for grabs now. Yikes!!
I think they are saying that just to say it and he will be traded in a day or to. I dont see them just all of a sudden giving in to him. I thin they have a team thats willing to give them what they want and they are just working out the small stuff.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 PM

While I still think BF was wrong to take his (former?) team as hostage and try to pit the Packers fans vs. Packers management, if GB is willing to trade him, since Favre said he only wants to play for the Vikings, then see what kind of pick Minnesota is willing to trade. If the price isn't right, then make Favre a $12M backup QB for the Packers. Hell, put him 3rd on the depth chart!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Beowulf makes a good point. Imagine him being 3rd and then putting him on the inactive list from time to time. What a boondoggle this has become. After the Fox news deal with Greta Van Susteren I thought that would be it. Wrong! NBC's Lester Holt announces Brett Favre being cleared by Roger Goodell to play on the 5 o'clock national news. What's next? I take that back. I don't care to know what's next.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
If Brett Favre does end up being the starter again that is just flat out wrong. I would say he gives the Packers the best chance to win in 2008, but that isn't the point. For him to go through all this, and then somehow get what he wants is silly. And if I were Aaron Rodgers I'd be ticked if this does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football