U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-06-2008, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,756,797 times
Reputation: 2809

Advertisements

I cant believe the stuff I am reading here. I love the Packers as much as anyone but TT and the rest of management have screwed up big time.

All Brett wants to do is play football. He isnt being immature, egotistical, or anything else. He just wants to play football.

TT and Mike McCarthy's job is to field the team that gives them the best chance to win games and a championship. By letting Brett go, they are not doing that. Therefor, they are failing at their job.

Why do you think most everyone in GB is siding with Brett? Why do you think their are fans that have had season tickets for 40 years giving them up as a protest to get TT fired? Because he is the villian. He is the one that has been a liar, immature, and many other things I cant say on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,441,764 times
Reputation: 2996
The funniest thing of all is hearing the comments about how the Packers drafted 2 QB's due to Brett's decision to retire. WTF????

Aren't the Packers the team that makes terrible draft decisions and then defends them by saying "we don't draft for what we need, we draft the best player available, regardless of position, at the time of our pick". And then they turn around and throw this "we drafted 2 QB's" bullsh** out there and people actually believe them.

I don't think Favre has handled this perfectly at all, but really, I'm just ticked off that the Packers got rid of a high caliber iron man qb to put all their eggs in the fragile Aaron Rodgers basket. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a die hard Packer fan, and I really hope Aaron can step it up and become a great qb. But since we have no clue how good he will be, I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,329,891 times
Reputation: 1700
Brett Favre has been traded to the NY Jets!!

While I've been a critic of Favre in his retirement flip-flopping, I have to commend him for not demanding Vikings or bust but has been willing to "settle" for the Jets.

A Manning vs. Favre Super Bowl would be sweet.

(Go Giants!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,272,309 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Look. We were under the impression ever since March that Favre was gone and Rodgers was our starter. For better or worse, that was the course we had charted, because Favre had retired. Now everyone acts like Rodgers somehow stole the starting job from Favre, or that Favre somehow deserves it back. Brett Favre retired. He then proceeded to jerk everyone around on this team with his drama-queen antics, and when he was finally offered a chance to compete for the job, that still wasn't good enough for him.

I don't know if Rodgers will be good or bad. But the point is, he's the guy. He's been learning under Favre for three years, so I'd think he'd have a good shot. If it doesn't work out, well, that's how the chips fall. We have Brian Brohm to groom next!

Teams move on. Guys leave, and new guys replace them. If Brett had never gone through this retire/unretire drama, none of this would even be an issue. Everyone would be behind Rodgers and wishing him the best. Besides, we can't lean on Brett forever. Great, maybe he gives us a shot this year (but he could just as easily have another one of his lousy seasons). But what about the year after that? And the year after that?

People just need to let go of the past. He gave us 16 years, but it's over. Besides, Brett "gave" us a shot at the SB last year. You know why we didn't make it all the way? Because HE threw a game-killing interception in overtime of the NFC title game.
Well, John Elway was the all time leader in interceptions in the superbowl. I would have dropped the dope that we replaced him with out seeing one down form that goofball. Ask any bronco fan (which you will find are also packer fans) what they think of letting go of a QB after 16-17 years. He wasnt perfect, but lets face it, you don't get to overtime in the NFC game without him. Remember that.

The only sucky part now is that I will have to endure the NY Jets. Wow, could a team be more wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,675,795 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The funniest thing of all is hearing the comments about how the Packers drafted 2 QB's due to Brett's decision to retire. WTF????

Aren't the Packers the team that makes terrible draft decisions and then defends them by saying "we don't draft for what we need, we draft the best player available, regardless of position, at the time of our pick". And then they turn around and throw this "we drafted 2 QB's" bullsh** out there and people actually believe them.

I don't think Favre has handled this perfectly at all, but really, I'm just ticked off that the Packers got rid of a high caliber iron man qb to put all their eggs in the fragile Aaron Rodgers basket. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a die hard Packer fan, and I really hope Aaron can step it up and become a great qb. But since we have no clue how good he will be, I don't get it.
Yea management really doesn't know what they are doing

I mean Jennings was an easy pick to spot. The Giants really got thew best deal when the gave us Grant. Never mind Brett himself said Thompson put the best team he has ever played with around him. Never mind Favre's TD's went up and INT's went down each year Thompson and McCarthy were in charge.

Also, Favre no egotistical? Can I have what you are smoking. The Packers didnt get the coach he wanted, didnt trade for Moss and he got mad. It's all about what he wants. Guess what it wasnt the Green Bay Favres, Favre doesn't pay Thompson's salary and doesn't dictate what moves he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 AM
 
52,096 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Did you watch Brett Favre last year? Granted his only two bad games were against the Bears but he was the best QB in the league behind Brady. He had one of his best seasons ever. What are you talking about average QB? He is easily one of the best 3 in the league as we speak.
Favre's QB rating the past 6 years have been....

#6
#25 (Lower than Rex Grossman )
#31
#10
#6
#13

ESPN - NFL Football Statistics and League Leaders - National Football League

Yet somehow you think he was #2 last year and is top 3 in the league easily even though he has averaged #15 the past 6 years? LMAO

My prediction is that you were deep into your own personal case of Milwaukees finest when you came to your conclusions.

....now where is that beat down emoticon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,675,795 times
Reputation: 1024
The only reason Favre's numbers have been improving is because the players around him got better. He didnt all of a sudden find some miracle pill that makes you a better QB at 38 years old. Agian he is in a big wake up call when he suits up for the Jets this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,756,797 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Favre's QB rating the past 6 years have been....

#6
#25 (Lower than Rex Grossman )
#31
#10
#6
#13

ESPN - NFL Football Statistics and League Leaders - National Football League

Yet somehow you think he was #2 last year and is top 3 in the league easily even though he has averaged #15 the past 6 years? LMAO

My prediction is that you were deep into your own personal case of Milwaukees finest when you came to your conclusions.

....now where is that beat down emoticon....

QB rating is just a statistic. It in no way shows who is the best player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,441,764 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Yea management really doesn't know what they are doing

I mean Jennings was an easy pick to spot. The Giants really got thew best deal when the gave us Grant. Never mind Brett himself said Thompson put the best team he has ever played with around him. Never mind Favre's TD's went up and INT's went down each year Thompson and McCarthy were in charge.

Also, Favre no egotistical? Can I have what you are smoking. The Packers didnt get the coach he wanted, didnt trade for Moss and he got mad. It's all about what he wants. Guess what it wasnt the Green Bay Favres, Favre doesn't pay Thompson's salary and doesn't dictate what moves he does.
Yeah, Jennings turned out great, which is a really good thing considering the Packers let Javon Walker leave because they didn't want to pay him more than $500k after a stellar rookie season. We also ditched Robert Ferguson, so again, great thing Jennings panned out.

The Giants gave us Grant and Thompson and McCarthy are so brilliant that they didn't start him until week 9. Genious minds at work.

So Favre voices his opinion. Big freaking deal. I voice my opinion all the time at my job. Sometimes it ticks people off, sometimes it doesn't. But I am always voicing opinion that I feel will improve the company. They didn't trade for Moss, right:

Randy Moss: 2007 STATS
REC YDS TD
98 1,493 23

Wonder what the hell Brett was thinking wanting to add that no talent trouble maker to his receiving crew.

Hes so stupid for being competitive and voicing his opinion. Hopefully now that he's out of Green Bay he will just ****. Thats what all players should do, they should never voice opinions in public because it destroys teams. Just ask the 2007 New York Giants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2008, 11:20 AM
 
52,096 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
QB rating is just a statistic. It in no way shows who is the best player.
I am seriously laughing so hard at the concept of Favre being one of the Top 2 quarterbacks in the NFL at any point in the last 6 years. Then your "stats don't matter comment" Ok, ok, I get it...you surrender.

You remind me of the Superfans from SNL....

Brett Favre....I saw him throw a football 100yds off his back foot into a 50 mile per hour head wind and the ball was STILL IN THE BOX! I have that ball on my mantle and when the Packers score a touchdown....Miller Genuine Draft seeps from it's stitching. It also cured my wife\cousin\sister of that nasty rash she got after "fleet week".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top