Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Well was it the Packers or Favre that had "Favre takes a penalty lap" all over the news?
It was the....MEDIA!!!

They are still trying to milk every last bit of interest they can get out of this.
Do you think Favre or the Packers wanted the penalty lap on the news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 02:22 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Comprehension is key.

You obviously have none.

It is not the media's fault that all of that happened obviously. It is the media's fault for allowing it to dominate their mediums. BF and the Packers did not ask that their situation and problems get all the coverage all the time. The media choose to cover that all the time.

If you reread my post and actually attempt to comprehend what was said, you would understand that.
lol......wow, such an angry guy lol

Anyway - I comprehend perfectly however, I beg to differ . The media reports, in detail, the happenings of all things going on in sports, or the world for that matter. When there is such a huge tangled mess of course they are going to talk about it all the time.......are you kidding.....that's like throwing cake besides a bunch of overweight people and telling them not to look.......so guess what......if you don't want them to look, don't throw cake

Smile though it's really not that bad

Old 08-13-2008, 03:48 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
It was the....MEDIA!!!

They are still trying to milk every last bit of interest they can get out of this.
Do you think Favre or the Packers wanted the penalty lap on the news?

that was my point. The media were and still are over blowing the whole thing.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post

Anyway - I comprehend perfectly however, I beg to differ . The media reports, in detail, the happenings of all things going on in sports, or the world for that matter. When there is such a huge tangled mess of course they are going to talk about it all the time.......are you kidding.....that's like throwing cake besides a bunch of overweight people and telling them not to look.......so guess what......if you don't want them to look, don't throw cake

Its one thing to report it and have a conversation about it. Its another thing to constantly lead all shows with stories twice as long as a typical story, especially when there is no new information whatsoever. There really wasn't a whole lot to this story other than the unfathomable amount of media spin and speculation. The Packers and Favre did what happens quiet often in the NFL. Its just that they did it while Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens weren't stirring up anything for them to yammer about for hours.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:03 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Breaking news ladies and gentlemen:

THE HORSE IS DEAD...... I repeat...... THE HORSE IS DEAD......

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 08-13-2008 at 04:24 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post

No, you havent comprehended a damn thing I have said. I'm not angry. It's just irritating when you type something in plain english and someone cant comprehend something simple.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
No, you havent comprehended a damn thing I have said. I'm not angry. It's just irritating when you type something in plain english and someone cant comprehend something simple.
lol.....course not....why would anyone think you were angry??? My bad

I comprehend what your saying just fine thankyouverymuch.......your saying it's the medias fault for reporting on it 24/7.......I sort of agree but I still think that ultimatly it's the fault of the packers and BF for making such a huge deal out of it and not conducting everything behind closed doors where it should have been kept.......instead BF goes on "gretta van sustren" to BMW.......YEA, no responsibility I tell ya........such a travisty

Have a great weekend!!! and smile a bit will ya'

Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

Also Rodgers will have a better QB rating and win more games this year than Favre.
While we're all predicting stuff, I'll throw my predictions in the ring. I bet the imitation "A-Rod" and BF will check out each other stats every Sun. before they check out their respective division's QB's stats.

BTW, which QB comes out as the better QB if one wins more games but the other has a higher QB rating? Perhaps that'll mean the A-Rod vs. BF debate will have to be settled in the 2009 season.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:16 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Personally, if GB loses the division this year and doesn't even see playoff, Thompson and McCarthy should be fired. The people should have had the say in what they wanted Favre to do.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:42 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Personally, if GB loses the division this year and doesn't even see playoff, Thompson and McCarthy should be fired. The people should have had the say in what they wanted Favre to do.
naw, I think GB will still see a wild card. Remember BF said it was the best team he had ever played with. A-rod just Gets the Keys to the Dads car, all he has to do is make sure he doesnt crash it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football