U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,015,040 times

Advertisements

Boyhood enthusiasm. Practical joker. Never say die. Football's ultimate iron man. Been knocked down, and gets right back up. Falcons loss, Packers gain. The everyman of the NFL. Tough as nails. He overcomes adversity like few people I know, knew, read about or heard about. He is aware of his stature. And it is not the most important thing to him. A totally unpretentious guy. The NFL is really going to miss him. A GREAT GUY-that's Brett Favre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 PM

107 posts, read 305,224 times
was sorry to hear that on the way to work this morning. not a packer fan, but Favre was fun to watch and was probably one of my favorite players.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,661,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
As a die hard Packer fan who remembers the "dark ages" and then having Brett bring us to light, it is a horrible and very sad day. A day of mourning, but we were going to have to face this one way or another. He is awesome and he went out on top. And we may have some rebuilding to do, it wont matter because the Bears Still Suck! LOL
To all the Bears lovers out there, how long will it take for Rodgers to get hurt again? It seems like whenever he steps on the field, he is gone for the season. Don't get me started on Grossman, I can't believe they resigned him. I like Orton, they can definitely win with him if they turn the offense to a more pass oriented offense. Sorry getting off subject here. But honestly about Favre, if he wasn't a Packer, he probably would have been one of my favorite players of all time. He really played the game the way it should be played. I just feel dirty after saying that though.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,490,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
And we may have some rebuilding to do, it wont matter because the Bears Still Suck! LOL
HA!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:43 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,486,926 times
Hats off to Favre !

I always admire an athlete who accomplishes much ,but ends it when he is on top.

Too many athletes hang on way too long,ending their brilliant career with 3 different teams and eventually getting cut.

Get out with your head held high and the memories good .

Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,661,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Hats off to Favre !

I always admire an athlete who accomplishes much ,but ends it when he is on top.

Too many athletes hang on way too long,ending their brilliant career with 3 different teams and eventually getting cut.

Get out with your head held high and the memories good .
Didn't he end it with a pick.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,445,371 times
I actually converted to being a Packer fan as a kid when Don Majkowski was QB. Mainly, because I lived in south Mississippi and hated the Saints, I wanted a team I could root for. The legacy of Lombardi drew me to watching the Packers, and when they signed Brett Favre, I couldn't have been happier. After watching his tremendous career, it is tough to see it come to an end, especially since almost everyone expected him to play one more year since the team seems to be picking up momentum.

But I will say I have a head full of memories that are all great, and its wonderful to have experienced the thrill of watching him take the field.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:53 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,334,593 times
I find it ironic that for a QB who broke most, if not all career QB records, his last pass ever was one that ended in an INT and directly led to the end of the Packers' season.

I'm a little sad for him that it had to end like that but glad as hell my Giants were the beneficiary of his errant pass!

Good luck to Favre in the "after life". I predict he'll be on the down-low for a year. Then he'll miss the NFL and get back to football in some capacity, be it as a broadcaster or an assistant coach.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM

Yes, Brett Favre has just retired. But Brett and Favre have just arrived!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 AM

I noticed no one provided a link to the official retirement, so here it is.

The only question left is who sheds more tears, Favre or Owens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football