U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
 
625 posts, read 1,561,619 times
Reputation: 481

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Man as a Packer fan this is a hard day for myself. The man did so much for this team and it's fans and to think after 17 years he's done it is just weird.
What did Brat Farve do for the the team and the fans? I know all about his drug addictions, boozing, and womanizing. Are you referring to his very poor play in playoffs the second half of his carreer? The fact that he held the team hostage (from a free agency and draft perspective) the last four years. He and Trent Dilfer have the same number of superbowl victories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,315,348 times
Reputation: 1700
Favre is so popular in GB that he could probably run for mayor and win in a landslide, regardless of party affiliation. I wonder if he has any plans to get into politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
673 posts, read 2,917,989 times
Reputation: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Favre is so popular in GB that he could probably run for mayor and win in a landslide, regardless of party affiliation. I wonder if he has any plans to get into politics.
My husband and I joked about the same thing. If he does anything at all, I could see him doing an outdoor type of show on hunting and fishing. He's real big into that and I think he'd be really good at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2008, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Lexington
439 posts, read 1,117,030 times
Reputation: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
What did Brat Farve do for the the team and the fans? I know all about his drug addictions, boozing, and womanizing. Are you referring to his very poor play in playoffs the second half of his carreer? The fact that he held the team hostage (from a free agency and draft perspective) the last four years. He and Trent Dilfer have the same number of superbowl victories.

Maybe it was taking a Franchise that hadnt won in 30= years and brining them back into a winning team. Could be the two SUper Bowls he lead them to. Does trent Dilfer have the NFL all time record for:
Super Bowls are a TEAM effort, the trent Dilfer argument is one made by those who dont either dont know football or haveno arugument at all. Did he not have a top 5 ALL TIME defense when he won, oh yea you left that out. Favre haters are around because they wish they had him on their team and are stuk with guys like Rex Grossman or Tavris Jackson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2008, 04:46 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,428,253 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
What did Brat Farve do for the the team and the fans? I know all about his drug addictions, boozing, and womanizing. Are you referring to his very poor play in playoffs the second half of his carreer? The fact that he held the team hostage (from a free agency and draft perspective) the last four years. He and Trent Dilfer have the same number of superbowl victories.
There have been 11 QB's in the last 17 years of Favre's career to win a ring. He was one of those, so only 10 others out of literally dozens and dozens of QB's who have gone in and out of the league. Look how many teams go with someone for 5-6 years and realize they will never lead the team to a big championship, cut them or trade them, and repeat. Favre played to win as hard as anyone else ever to play. In the history of the Superbowl, there have only been 26 QB's to earn rings out of HUNDREDS who have entered the league. Having only 1 ring is somehow bad? There are still several franchises who have never even been to or won the superbowl.

I guess Dan Marino really sucked since he didn't get a ring, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 PM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,315,348 times
Reputation: 1700
Does anyone remember (or more likely, read) what Favre's very first pass in the NFL was (incomplete, complete, INT, TD)? I assume it would be around 1992.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,221 posts, read 2,658,118 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Does anyone remember (or more likely, read) what Favre's very first pass in the NFL was (incomplete, complete, INT, TD)? I assume it would be around 1992.
If I am not mistaken, his very first pass was to himself. He threw the ball, it was deflected then he caught it. I'd have to try and look it up to be sure, but I am almost positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 AM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,315,348 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
If I am not mistaken, his very first pass was to himself. He threw the ball, it was deflected then he caught it. I'd have to try and look it up to be sure, but I am almost positive.
I just checked out the Wiki on BF. According to that article:
"Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He only attempted four passes in his career at Atlanta, completing none of them."

Then he was traded to the Packers the following year. His first pass there was as you said:
"On his first regular season play as a Packer, Favre threw a pass which was deflected and caught by himself. Favre was tackled and the completion went for -7 yards."

It's kind of funny how a QB who pretty much broke all career records had his first and last pass ever in the NFL end in an INT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 12:16 PM
 
Location: IL
333 posts, read 910,390 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
What did Brat Farve do for the the team and the fans? I know all about his drug addictions, boozing, and womanizing. Are you referring to his very poor play in playoffs the second half of his carreer? The fact that he held the team hostage (from a free agency and draft perspective) the last four years. He and Trent Dilfer have the same number of superbowl victories.
Ah...the classy words of a true Bears fan.

A man goes to the Chicago Bear ticket office and inquires about purchasing play-off tickets. The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

The following day the same man goes to the Chicago Bear ticket office and inquires about purchasing Bear play-off tickets. The ticket teller politely replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

This goes on for an entire week. The man goes to the Bear ticket office inquiring about play-off tickets and the teller says none are for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

Another week of this goes by and the man still is asking the ticket teller about Bear play-off tickets. Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice says, I 'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE THE BEARS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS.

The man replied, 'I know.' I drive all the way from Green Bay just to hear you say that!

Last edited by BelizePlease; 04-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: To add joke. :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 14,315,348 times
Reputation: 1700
^ LOL @ BelizePlease. But with today's gas prices, the ticket teller would have the last laugh on the guy driving from Green Bay to Chicago everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top