Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:15 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,934,255 times

Advertisements

Favre wants release from Packers - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa, Baltimore, or Washington..... Green Bay Fans must be pissed!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,116 times
If im TT our GM I say okay you wanna play games we have you signed for two more years and have 20+ under the cap. I dont release or trade him I have him sit on his butt at home. No one is going to sign him after two years of doing nothing. Favre should realize he said he was done no one else did. THe team moved on and what he is doing is what he accused Javon Walker of doing years back being selfish

Old 07-11-2008, 05:52 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
If im TT our GM I say okay you wanna play games we have you signed for two more years and have 20+ under the cap. I dont release or trade him I have him sit on his butt at home. No one is going to sign him after two years of doing nothing. Favre should realize he said he was done no one else did. THe team moved on and what he is doing is what he accused Javon Walker of doing years back being selfish
I want him to play for the Vikings...not a fan, I just like the anticipation of watching a game where he comes out the tunnel in green bay in that Viking uniform. Now that's some good football drama, no matter what happens in the game itself.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 PM

910 posts, read 2,983,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I want him to play for the Vikings...not a fan, I just like the anticipation of watching a game where he comes out the tunnel in green bay in that Viking uniform. Now that's some good football drama, no matter what happens in the game itself.

you are a sick, strange little man

Old 07-11-2008, 06:50 PM

133 posts, read 498,241 times
JMO, but Brett Favre isn't Brett Favre unless he's wearing green...

Old 07-11-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
you are a sick, strange little man
LoL maybe youre right. I love the fact that foot ball is back on the sports talk radio. Baseball is driving me crazy. All I have been hearing about is how Barry Bonds might be joining the Diamond Backs. Thanks Brett for the Drama. I bet Brett is looking at Google Maps and Housing in MN right now. Brett, you looked like you were freezing your ass off in that NFC championship game.....how about moving to AZ and working for my team. By Septemtber this is quite a nice place to live.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
I hear you; BF is a prima donna, or at least turning out to be one.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:38 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I hear you; BF is a prima donna, or at least turning out to be one.
The Favre watch is out of control. Personally at this point, I couldn't care less, just ride off into the sunset Brett.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
The Favre watch is out of control. Personally at this point, I couldn't care less, just ride off into the sunset Brett.
I was listening to ESPN Radio last night while in the car and they were of course discussing the BF situation. He says there's no way the Packers should or will release him. Imagine if they did and Favre signed w/ the Vikings or Bears.

Now I wonder if the Packers can trade him, even though he submitted his retirement notice to the NFL. If so, maybe GB would be willing to deal him to an AFC team.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I was listening to ESPN Radio last night while in the car and they were of course discussing the BF situation. He says there's no way the Packers should or will release him. Imagine if they did and Favre signed w/ the Vikings or Bears.

Now I wonder if the Packers can trade him, even though he submitted his retirement notice to the NFL. If so, maybe GB would be willing to deal him to an AFC team.
well then he will beat the packers in the superbowl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football