Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:56 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,788,556 times

Advertisements

2016 New England Patriots

Regular Season & Postseason recap

2016 Final Season Record: (16-3)

Official Team Thread of the YEAR: Unofficial Official "Pats" thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 10:07 AM

18,147 posts, read 25,683,148 times
For the last several years JJG has started an "official" NFL team thread of the year. He's been quite a help to the football forums on a variety of things.

I'll close the other SB-LI thread Jonathan Ashbeck started.

I'll keep the SB-LI discussion thread going, but the sticky comes off.

This thread will remain a *sticky* for the next couple weeks.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:31 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,862,087 times
midway through the 3rd quarter I wanted to start questioning Brady's unhurried clock management but it was also obvious that there was plenty of time left providing the Pats D kept making stops. Amazing what a cool customer Brady is and the calming effect he had on the offense when just the opposite was occurring on the other side of the line. Brady seemed to feed off on this change and kept applying more and more pressure.

I did think they should have gone for 2 after their first TD to make it a 17 point game (28 - 11) but I can let Belichick slide on this one

Old 02-06-2017, 10:44 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,239,993 times
What did we witness in the Super Bowl? Here's my short take.

The Falcons came out fast. Their defense was buzzing disrupting the timing of the Patriots offense. Two turnovers led to 14 Falcons points. As was typical earlier in the season, the Patriots had a sluggish first half against a potent offense, and thus went down 21-3 at halftime.

After the Falcons scored 1st in the 2nd half, many including myself had the idea of the pats coming back like a 1% chance. But what happened IMO was several factors - experience, conditioning, and Brady & Belichick. The Falcons just couldn't hold on. Incredible that Brady had to lead the Pats to two TD's AND two 2-pt conversions just to tie. We can discuss the coin toss and sudden death and it's fairness, but Brady cemented his legend with that game winning drive for a TD. Not a FG, but a TD.

This 17-year run of excellence is no fluke, and please to those who follow with hate and cheating and other reasons to knock the Pats down, you'll lose. If you watch football, it is quite evident on the field of play how great the Patriots are. And to have the best owner, coach, and QB in the history of the NFL is a stroke of timing and luck.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,093,083 times
I have to admit I left my party just before half-time. By the time I got home the 3rd quarter was starting. I kept telling myself that Pats are great after the first half if they were not doing well. During the 4th I kept telling Brady to just march down the field like he usually does. Yes, sir! He did just that! That Edleman catch was so beautiful!! Amandola made up for his bench time too. White? What can I say? What a wonderful effort! Brady proved he is THE BEST QB OF ALL TIME. Montana was one of the first tweets congratulating Brady.

What a wonderful, stupendous game.

BEST SUPER BOWL EVAH!!!! The Pats cemented their glory for eons to come.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:16 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,359,988 times
I knew I didn't want to be too overconfident in Atlanta because I knew that the Pats would find a way to come from behind. They are great in coming from behind. They just finished a terrific football game and a terrific Super Bowl.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:44 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,093,083 times
I'm watching the game again on the NFL Channel. Nice to watch over knowing we will win.

Just saw the helmets locked again. LOL, all I could think of then and again now is two Mountain Rams locking horns! Smashing into each other's head! Chilling.

Sounds like the game was played at Gillette! I didn't notice the volume last night.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 02-06-2017 at 02:34 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 06:23 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,522,716 times
I watched it again today, too! This was my point before the game was played, Falcons fans talking about no prime time exposure, no respect from media, shoot, where is their fan base??? The game was in Texas, not that far from Georgia! I don't think they have what you would call die hard fans, stick with the team no matter what!

I noticed it last night and paid closer attention today, crowd was definitely more Patriots fans than Falcons.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:48 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,734,714 times
From 1991 thru yesterday afternoon, NFL teams trailing by 25 points at any point in a game had a total W-L record of 4-1057 in those games.

That's four wins to one thousand and fifty-seven losses.

That's 264-to-1 odds.

Now it's 5-1057.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 AM

2,293 posts, read 1,682,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
What did we witness in the Super Bowl? Here's my short take.

The Falcons came out fast. Their defense was buzzing disrupting the timing of the Patriots offense. Two turnovers led to 14 Falcons points. As was typical earlier in the season, the Patriots had a sluggish first half against a potent offense, and thus went down 21-3 at halftime.

After the Falcons scored 1st in the 2nd half, many including myself had the idea of the pats coming back like a 1% chance. But what happened IMO was several factors - experience, conditioning, and Brady & Belichick. The Falcons just couldn't hold on. Incredible that Brady had to lead the Pats to two TD's AND two 2-pt conversions just to tie. We can discuss the coin toss and sudden death and it's fairness, but Brady cemented his legend with that game winning drive for a TD. Not a FG, but a TD.

This 17-year run of excellence is no fluke, and please to those who follow with hate and cheating and other reasons to knock the Pats down, you'll lose. If you watch football, it is quite evident on the field of play how great the Patriots are. And to have the best owner, coach, and QB in the history of the NFL is a stroke of timing and luck.
Excellent post, excellent points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football