U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-19-2017, 10:01 PM
 
1,010 posts, read 577,193 times
Reputation: 1363

Advertisements

I like seeing my team on the field again. We all know it is a try out time for the newbies. They have 4 games to prove themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2017, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,209,546 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I like seeing my team on the field again. We all know it is a try out time for the newbies. They have 4 games to prove themselves.
do you think owners should be asking fans to pay premium dollar for those games where the best players rarely play more than half the game and most of the time play 1-2 series?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
314 posts, read 251,517 times
Reputation: 312
Absolutely boring. I might watch a quarter, but I won't spend three or more hours watching a preseason game when MLB is getting to the best part of its season. I enjoy the NFL but I'm a much bigger baseball fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave View Post
Absolutely boring. I might watch a quarter, but I won't spend three or more hours watching a preseason game when MLB is getting to the best part of its season. I enjoy the NFL but I'm a much bigger baseball fan.
Wish I could get as excited about MLB as you and other people do, but in my experience, nothing beats NFL football for intensity, strategy, and just plain crazy fun.

Through the years I've developed more of a sense of what pro football is doing and what to watch for. Others on here get more into the players, the draft, and all of the ins and outs of the game.

For me, the best (if not the only) time for watching MLB is during the World Series and the playoffs leading up to it. Little League and College baseball have their special moments as well. However, those baseball sports are merely a temporary substitute until the NFL revs up again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
314 posts, read 251,517 times
Reputation: 312
I have many friends who totally agree with you. MLB is my favorite and I watch the season from beginning to end, and I will watch most any NFL game ... once the regular season starts. I will pay some attention to the draft as well. I just think the NFL preseason and MLB spring training are pretty boring to watch once the people you know are making the team aren't playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 11:25 AM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,114 posts, read 17,325,473 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Wish I could get as excited about MLB as you and other people do, but in my experience, nothing beats NFL football for intensity, strategy, and just plain crazy fun.

Through the years I've developed more of a sense of what pro football is doing and what to watch for. Others on here get more into the players, the draft, and all of the ins and outs of the game.

For me, the best (if not the only) time for watching MLB is during the World Series and the playoffs leading up to it. Little League and College baseball have their special moments as well. However, those baseball sports are merely a temporary substitute until the NFL revs up again!
I get more excited picking socks than watching a MLB game. Haven't cared to since the last player's strike in 1994. The game wasn't very compelling to begin with. Coupled with that last strike, I have avoided the game altogether since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2017, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Wyoming
9,416 posts, read 17,391,848 times
Reputation: 14079
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
do you think owners should be asking fans to pay premium dollar for those games where the best players rarely play more than half the game and most of the time play 1-2 series?
No, I do usually watch my team's preseason games, but when I had season tickets we'd try to sell them, or at least for one of them. (It's a 700-mile round-trip to the games for us.) I think preseason tickets should be half-price. It would make the games more affordable to those who can't afford regular season tickets and help to fill up the stadium. Before we had season tickets we'd often go to a preseason game just because you could always easily get tickets for them.

The best part of preseason games is that the weather is usually nice in Denver at that time of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top