Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 08:58 PM

120 posts, read 96,464 times

Advertisements

we know patroits in afc(like every year will be in the TOP)

what about nfc?

seahawks?
falcons?
panthers?
cowboys?
packers?
buccanners maybe?
saints?

I know its early but for heck of it who think will be on top in the nfc(fully healthy ofcourse)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 09:59 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,979,382 times
Detroit v Cleveland.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
might be a cowboys packers rematch.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:04 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
I think Detroit will be in the mix for the north but Packers will take the division again (hopefully)!

Should be some of the same teams with a new one or two showing up! Will the Panthers show back up or will the Falcons have the slump the Panthers did last year? At this point very hard to say.

Can Dak progress? What have the Cowboys done in the off season as a two man show might not carry them again.

Many questions in the NFC and too early to say!

Old 04-11-2017, 02:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Can Dak progress? What have the Cowboys done in the off season as a two man show might not carry them again.
but you see, the cowboys offense was NOT a two man show. bryant, williams, and beasley were all making plays, as was lucky whitehead.

its just that prescott and elliot got all the media attention.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
I think any of the NFC South teams could be in the Super Bowl this year. The Falcons are only going to get better with all that young talent on D, Carolina is going to rebound nicely with some good moves to protect Cam and improve the pass D. Tampa is getting better and should have a shot to get over the hump this year, and New Orleans made moves to improve the D and still have Bree's with no sign of slowing down.

Dallas still needs to get that first postseason win with Dak, then they can talk SB. I don't believe in anyone in the NFC West. I think GB is the most likely challenger not in the South.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:28 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
I agree regarding the NFC South as the Falcons should be as good if not better with a taste of winning it all now minus the Super Bowl. The Saints could get downright scary if they even halfway improve their "D" given the capabilities of Brees and the offense. Carolina and Tampa Bay should be more competitive but don't see them playing into January. Other than ATL and NO would say the Lions and Redskins might be the other contenders. Dallas and GB will continue to get hyped as usual but would watch for that to wear out before the halfway point of the season. GB's window of opportunity has been closing and would say this is the last gasp for the current roster. In terms of the AFC I wouldn't count out the Chiefs or the improving Dolphins with a healthy Ryan Tannehill.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:11 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
GB's window of opportunity has been closing and would say this is the last gasp for the current roster

GB needs help/depth on "D" side of the ball. Rodgers needs help but he is 33, not late 30s, oldest guy on the team. Clay Matthews has been battling some injury issues, he is 30. Packers have 3 players (30) and 3 over 30. They have 18 players who are 21-23, plus 16 who are 24, pretty young. This isn't including a young draft class.

Every year they field one of the youngest teams so saying last gasp with a young team is really a stretch!

Old 04-16-2017, 06:18 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
GB's window of opportunity has been closing and would say this is the last gasp for the current roster

GB needs help/depth on "D" side of the ball. Rodgers needs help but he is 33, not late 30s, oldest guy on the team. Clay Matthews has been battling some injury issues, he is 30. Packers have 3 players (30) and 3 over 30. They have 18 players who are 21-23, plus 16 who are 24, pretty young. This isn't including a young draft class.

Every year they field one of the youngest teams so saying last gasp with a young team is really a stretch!
The point being they've had the skill players necessary to make that run for a few years and sometimes whatever the reason can't get over the hump due to an unidentifiable missing component like team chemistry or coaching. GB certainly isn't the first team to exhibit those traits and would point to the 49ers or Seahawks as recent years examples.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:30 AM

17,562 posts, read 15,220,914 times
Cowboys I expect to see regress some. Sophomore slump for Prescott.. Listen, it happens to just about everyone. So, I'd suspect a close to 9-7 record for them. Teams have this way of figuring out QBs after the first year.. Especially when they were thrust into the starting role and didn't get planned for well.

I think Tampa continues to improve.. A playoff spot wouldn't surprise me.

Giants.. I think alot of people were surprised by the 11-5 last year. I still see them around 10-6. But, here soon the switch is going to flip on Eli and this might be the year. If that happens.. You could be looking at a 5 win season and lots of OBJ drama.

Eagles.. I'm guessing they're going to hang around the 7-9 mark. They're an up and coming team, but I don't think it's this year.

Redskins.. 8-8 or 9-7. Not bad, but not overly good.

Packers.. This is another.. I don't know. someone said their window was closing.. I agree. The question is.. How much is left open? Nothing would surprise me. 14-2 or 2-14.

Vikings.. No idea whatsoever. I'm going to say I lean towards a bad season. Is Bridgewater coming back? Doesn't seem like it. Bradford is a serviceable fill-in, but it's unlikely there'll be big success with him

Chicago.. It's a rebuild. Marginally better this year, but that's not saying much.

Falcons.. I have no idea. None. They surprised me this past year.. I think they outplayed their talent, so I would expect a drop back, but.. I think they're a wildcard team.

Saints.. The slide continues

Panthers.. If Cam continues to mature.. They can be good.. I've said it all along, you get to Cam, he comes unglued. If he can get past that.. I expect them to be better than 6-10, though I don't think I see a Super Bowl run.

Seahawks.. Maintain.. 10-6

Arizona.. Again, decline is the word here. They MUST draft a QB to replace Palmer. If this isn't Palmer's last year, it probably should be.

Rams.. I don't see a whole lot of improvement.

49ers.. No improvement.

So, if I'm picking the playoff teams..

Division winners..

NYG
GB
Carolina
Seattle

Wild cards.. Tampa and.. Detroit. I pick Detroit over Dallas with identical 9-7 records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football