U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 PM

5,297 posts, read 2,694,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Glad to see my Browns didn't take a QB #1, they've made too many mistakes over the years drafting 1st round QBs. I do question trading back allowing Houston to get their QB. Browns had four elite players staring them in the face and traded out of the 12 spot. O.J. Howard, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster and I believe Malik Hooker were all sitting there and would have been great upgrades.

Peppers, I like his versatility and great attitude, just not sure he'll excel at any one thing in the NFL.

They traded into the 1st for a third pick in the round and picked up what many considered the 2nd best TE in a very good draft class for that position. Can't fault them for that. TEs can really take pressure off a QB. But they have to find a CB, FS, and RB that can start. Will be a tough challenge, however it has been said it's a deep CB and RB class.

For those scratching their heads over the Bears trading up one spot to draft Trubisky, San Francisco's GM or someone else in the front office said there was at least one other team trying to get to #2. Seems like a bad move only because Trubisky, like all the other QBs in this draft, is a bit of a project. Hope it works out for him and the Bears.

Tonight will be an interesting night. Still lots of good talent available.
Don't worry, the Bears are now the Browns of the NFL. I'm still pissed. SF just ****in played us like a fiddle.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 04-28-2017 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
People were talking about Peppers to the Packers but they just let go of Hyde who was their Swiss Army Knife, doing many things for them but not exactly excelling in one thing, good player, great guy but can't keep everyone.

Bears are the talk of the draft today, I was listening to Milwaukee sports radio but thought about tuning into WGN to hear the comments, I can only imagine.

Although Packer fans pretty upset about TT trading down, wild comments on the radio today. TJ Watt who Steelers took at 30 isn't as hot a commodity as his brother, with the knee surgery. Fans wanted him, former Badger, etc. but moving back was not a bad idea.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:36 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,977,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

Bears are the talk of the draft today, I was listening to Milwaukee sports radio but thought about tuning into WGN to hear the comments, I can only imagine.
I am stunned as to what Chicago did.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:10 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,090,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Best pick of the night was Watson to Houston. I really like that fit for both player and team. Watson should likely start day 1 and also have a real good shot at making the playoffs in his first season.
I agree with you other than day 1 starter.

You've got Savage.. Who isn't going to set the world on fire.. But let Watson sit behind him for at least half the season. Let him see the game. Let him observe, let him hold the clipboard and learn.

Now, that could change based on what you see in practice from him.. If he's setting the world on fire in practice.. Sure, name him the starter.. Especially if Savage is stinking the joint up. But don't put the weight of the world on his shoulders from the get go when you don't have to.

I do think Houston is the perfect fit for him.. Former teammate there in Hopkins. They CAN allow him some time to develop.

I think he's the QB winner in this draft. The only QB taken in the first round that a team didn't overspend to get.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:00 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
The draft show is entertaining. Kind of like watching the rasslin with the commish coming out and getting boos

What I do not follow is why so many teams seem to let the media rank the players for them.
How has that worked out for most teams ?

Of course, Billicheck and the evil Patriots are not predictable, because Billicheck does not follow the media rankings. And look at how that has worked out for them!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:02 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,090,419 times
Kizer.. Even his coach thinks he doesn't have the maturity yet to play in the NFL..

Of COURSE the Browns took him. Manzeil all over again.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:31 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,977,867 times
Drew Pearson nailed it with his speech this evening!

Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Awesome, standing there and giving it right back to those Eagles fans, I absolutely loved it.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:26 PM

20,699 posts, read 10,044,521 times
Nobody should ever be surprised by the stupidity of the Bears. Honestly, it's a tradition.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:52 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Glad to see my Browns didn't take a QB #1, they've made too many mistakes over the years drafting 1st round QBs. I do question trading back allowing Houston to get their QB. Browns had four elite players staring them in the face and traded out of the 12 spot. O.J. Howard, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster and I believe Malik Hooker were all sitting there and would have been great upgrades.
Browns obviously didn't like Foster that much. They even passed on him at 25 when he was still on the board. All three of the Alabama guys dropped like rocks. So it wasn't just the Browns deciding to pass on those highly rated players. Maybe the GM's think they know something the media doesn't.

Going into this past college football season Kizer started out as the #1 QB prospect. He entered this draft as the #4 QB prospect and ended up being the fourth QB taken. Not a bad prospect at all for the Browns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football