U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 03:23 PM

10,459 posts, read 5,920,270 times

Advertisements

This is hardly unique to the Texans. Look over the list of QBs teams like Cleveland, Washington, Jacksonville, NY Jets etc have been trotting out over the years.. Hell the Bears have had about 3 good seasons out of McMahan and that's it at QB for 3 generations. Finding a good QB is really hard, there are only about 12 of them in the entire world.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:39 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,270,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post
Watson?Really?I mean his GREAT,but come on a rookie qb is not gonna take them to a superbowl.why arent the texans aiming for a experienced qb on the market.I don't have faith in watson being a good qb in nfl i feel like his just uprgade of a mature manziel.

If texans can get andrew luck(or winston)then they can compete for a superbowl..
Feel free to point out the 'GREAT experienced qb' that was 'on the market' and thus there for the taking by the Texans. Luck? Winston? Uh... they're not available. That's pretty obvious. Do you think Brady or Rodgers are clamoring to be traded to Houston, or that New England or Green Bay would trade them under any circumstances?

At any rate, it's hardly clear that the Texans are just a great quarterback away from the Super Bowl.

Beyond that, most Super Bowl titles are won by home-grown Super Bowl talent. I mean, look at the last 20 Super Bowl Champions - 16 of them were one by a QB playing for his first NFL team. There other were...

Trend Dilfer in 2000, Brad Johnson in 2002 - they were just QBs along for the ride with great defenses. Any number of mediocre QBs could have won rings on those teams.

Drew Brees in 2009 - and it took the Saints four years with Brees to finally win a ring, which is sufficient time for Watson to develop. It's not like the Saints won one overnight once they got Brees.

Peyton Manning - another great D dragging a QB across the goal-line for the title, and again it took four years after getting Manning for the Broncos to finally win an SB (and his first three seasons, when they didn't win a title, featured outstanding seasons by Manning before he finally hit the wall - showing that even that wasn't enough, and there's no one approaching Manning of that vintage available for the Texans to acquire).

Old 04-30-2017, 05:39 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,196,040 times
Quote:
cowboys have an excellent offensive lineman

Texans got excellent defense but offensive lineman is a question

and just cause cowboys did good doesn't mean texans will..
Then instead of cursing the Texans' QB, why aren't you cursing their OL? Your OP mentioned Winston and Luck - well, with the Texans' OL, they'd suck too.

Your logic is all messed up in my opinion. You say the Texans "are stupid in QB making decisions" (title of thread), but now you're saying the OL is the problem. Which is it?

Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 PM

20,599 posts, read 10,009,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Do you think Watson is great or not a NFL caliber quarterback? You referred to him as both in your brilliant analysis.

Watson was drafted for the future. Good pick by Houston.

What franchise quarterback is on the market to sign and lead Houston to a Super Bowl? They were burned because of market value and overspent on Brock O. A problem they'd like to avoid.

Jay Cutler was calling the Texans over the weekend but they wouldn't take the call.

At least that's what's being reported.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:24 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
the other thing we have to remember about QBs is that they need quality players around them to make a super bowl run. think dallas in 2015 when romo went down with injury, and they went through a number of QBs, none of which worked out at all. why? mediocre running game, no dez bryant, receivers dropping balls, suspect defense, etc.

if the team is solid to begin with, then a rookie QB can do quite well, witness dak pescott going 13-3 as a rookie, including the loss in the divisional playoff game.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,463,821 times
From what I could tell in their playoff game vs. NE, the Texans literally only need a competent QB to be able to compete. They would have won that game with halfway decent QB play.

They have now completely given up their 2018 draft. That is how hard it can be to get even a halfway decent QB.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:00 PM

447 posts, read 471,368 times
Quote:
I ment great as in his college career much like tebow and manziel but as for nfl i see him as another tebow great in college but crap in nfl.

I suggest paying less attention to idiot talking head draft "analysts" and watching more football. Watson will be fine.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:39 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Solid responses to the op but I'm closing the thread.

Basically because the OP was banned the day after this post hit the board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or