Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 03:56 PM

120 posts, read 96,540 times

Advertisements

Watson?Really?I mean his GREAT,but come on a rookie qb is not gonna take them to a superbowl.why arent the texans aiming for a experienced qb on the market.I don't have faith in watson being a good qb in nfl i feel like his just uprgade of a mature manziel.

If texans can get andrew luck(or winston)then they can compete for a superbowl..

Old 04-29-2017, 04:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post
Watson?Really?I mean his GREAT,but come on a rookie qb is not gonna take them to a superbowl.why arent the texans aiming for a experienced qb on the market.I don't have faith in watson being a good qb in nfl i feel like his just uprgade of a mature manziel.

If texans can get andrew luck(or winston)then they can compete for a superbowl..
why would that happen? Winston and Luck are franchise qbs for their respective teams and aren't leaving.

Rookie Prescott did a good job for the Cowboys last season, didn't he?

Old 04-29-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
why would that happen? Winston and Luck are franchise qbs for their respective teams and aren't leaving.

cowboys have an excellent offensive lineman

texans got execelent defense but offensive lineman is a question

and just cause cowboys did good doesn't mean texans will..

Old 04-29-2017, 04:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i think watson was a pretty good pick. he is very capable of being a franchise quarterback. will he be a rookie sensation? i dont know, and i doubt he will lead the texans to the super bowl this season, but in a few years, who knows.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:32 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post

Do you think Watson is great or not a NFL caliber quarterback? You referred to him as both in your brilliant analysis.

Watson was drafted for the future. Good pick by Houston.

What franchise quarterback is on the market to sign and lead Houston to a Super Bowl? They were burned because of market value and overspent on Brock O. A problem they'd like to avoid.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Do you think Watson is great or not a NFL caliber quarterback? You referred to him as both in your brilliant analysis.

Watson was drafted for the future. Good pick by Houston.

What franchise quarterback is on the market to sign and lead Houston to a Super Bowl? They were burned because of market value and overspent on Brock O. A problem they'd like to avoid.
I ment great as in his college career much like tebow and manziel but as for nfl i see him as another tebow great in college but crap in nfl.

And your right their isn't many good quarterbacks on the market but their were few texans could have looked at,cutler from bears was a decent option.cousins(if he doesnt re-sign with redskins) and lets face it texans have a history of choosing bad quarters back,they paid brock huge money without seeing how well he can lead a team.

I think the gm needs to not be so quick espically on qb decisions..

Old 04-29-2017, 06:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
cutler and cousins have been inconsistent over the past few years, and brock had shown real promise when he was with denver, but then he had a decent offense behind him.

in the end however the texans need a QB now, and they need someone who can lead the team. but as always, is watson the answer? we dont know yet at this point how he will respond to the NFL game.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
cutler and cousins have been inconsistent over the past few years, and brock had shown real promise when he was with denver, but then he had a decent offense behind him.

in the end however the texans need a QB now, and they need someone who can lead the team. but as always, is watson the answer? we dont know yet at this point how he will respond to the NFL game.
I agree with you however cousins did have a good season,and cutler&cousins both way better then brock so imagine with texans top offense and defense i would say they would make a superbowl run much quicker then watson(might take a few years until we decide on him)and i believe now is the time texans can make a superbowl run not in next years when injury,trades,etc cause any of the good players might get tired of loosing and want to go another team..

Old 04-29-2017, 07:41 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times
When Patrick Mahomes II got drafted @ #10 and Watson was still on the board, that said it all.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:10 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,250,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Still waiting to see how well he throws down field on a consistent basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football