U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 07:19 AM

6,668 posts, read 10,719,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post

I was thinking that you had to wait until all of the games on Sunday afternoon ended before you could watch your game, but if it is setup to where you could watch your game as soon as it ends live on the Game Pass, I might would consider taking out a subscription to Game Pass too.
Good point.

I just perused a website that reviewed last year's NFL Game Time service. It states that for the 2016 season it cost $99 and Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET) were available at the conclusion of all Sunday 4pm ET games.

So you are correct.

The subscriber has to wait, then, for Sunday night or Monday morning to see the 9:30AM game. To be sure, most subscribers will know the outcome already, but, for the purposes of saving time at least, the replay broadcast is condensed for the actual plays only, meaning about 30 minutes ... better than laboring through 3+ hours.

The new subscription season starts in July (probably around July 31st, just before pre-season starts). Maybe this year there is a chance that NFL Game Time will offer the 9:30AM game at 1PM, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 10:46 AM

2,127 posts, read 4,331,310 times
Espn won't look at the reasons it is a financial sinking ship and the layoff just threw a bandaid on a dissected carotid artery. Their political posturing turned me off and thusly I turned ESPN off.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:16 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,766,018 times
Espn is not the only one slashing costs----now comes word the Sport Illustrated is laying off writers, including the very fine writer and broadcaster Seth Davis.
Espn did over commit and reach on the costs of their broadcast deals.
I think the major sports are going to face some resistance in the next round of tv contracts----the balloon on overpaying for sports tv rights has finally come into play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or