Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:17 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,434,321 times

Advertisements

My goodness. A majority of these stadiums have atrocious names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 02:30 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,594,703 times
Very little thought was put into these rankings. In fact, in some cases, like the Bills stadium ranking, it appears no thought at all was put into the ranking other than commenting on the name of the new stadium and making a bad joke about the team still being bad.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:32 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,344,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
report doesn't mention that Lambeau was built upon the tiny, bleached-out bones of a hundred million extinct Neopolitan Butterflies destroyed in the construction process...
What?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:20 PM

4,849 posts, read 6,873,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
What?

No, really, it's true. Neopolitan butterflies.

You know it couldn't be upon the carcasses of our Minnesota Viking's dreams.

God, I hate the Packers. Yet, they have the bragging rights over us.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 PM

421 posts, read 286,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Also, FedEx field definitely deserves to be the worst. A stadium which is a pain to get to located in one of the most dangerous suburbs Washington DC has to offer. If you get there safe you will pay super inflated prices for everything.

Please read my whole reply first. Yes FED EX sucks! But the location is fine and the area is ok.It was just a bad stadium from the start.Dan Snyder has always over inflated the prices there.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:00 PM

3,249 posts, read 5,605,887 times
The turkey that wrote this has a right to his opinion which carries about as much weight with me as my last bit of flatulence (it floated upward and quickly dissipated).

Old 06-01-2017, 11:18 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
Please read my whole reply first. Yes FED EX sucks! But the location is fine and the area is ok.It was just a bad stadium from the start.Dan Snyder has always over inflated the prices there.
I think the location was horrible, but I'd rather have Synder keep it there than come to Virginia and bring that congestion here. But if asked I would want the Skins at a updated RFK.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:18 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,226,058 times
Quote:
I think the location was horrible, but I'd rather have Synder keep it there than come to Virginia and bring that congestion here. But if asked I would want the Skins at a updated RFK.

You DC guys should've gotten a load of Griffith Stadium.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:00 PM

9,359 posts, read 20,732,294 times
Quote:
I attended a Giants-Skins game in 1992 at RFK. Best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a football game. I was in a corner end zone seat when Brian Mitchell returned a punt for a touchdown, and he did a forward flip into the end zone. I thought he was going to flip right onto me, that is how close those seats in the corner of the end zone were to the actual field. After he scored, the bleachers that I was seated in were actually rocking up and down because the fans were that excited. I thought the stands were going to collapse. The fans and the atmosphere nowadays in FedEx, I would imagine, cannot approach what I felt and experienced during that game. The funny thing was that was the only score they had in that entire game as the Giants went on to win, 24-7.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:44 PM

1,098 posts, read 894,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I attended a Giants-Skins game in 1992 at RFK. Best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a football game. I was in a corner end zone seat when Brian Mitchell returned a punt for a touchdown, and he did a forward flip into the end zone. I thought he was going to flip right onto me, that is how close those seats in the corner of the end zone were to the actual field. After he scored, the bleachers that I was seated in were actually rocking up and down because the fans were that excited. I thought the stands were going to collapse. The fans and the atmosphere nowadays in FedEx, I would imagine, cannot approach what I felt and experienced during that game. The funny thing was that was the only score they had in that entire game as the Giants went on to win, 24-7.
Stadiums are too clean and sterile nowadays. I actually appreciate a little bit of grit and grime. I was too young to experience the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium but I'm pretty sure I would of absolutely loved it. Apparently you can't even stand in the Dawg Pound anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football