U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:57 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Not surprised BofA in Charlotte finished 24th. No frills place but it has a great location in Downtown Charlotte.
Totally agree...BofA is a nice stadium, and it a wonderful place to watch a game--especially on a warm, sunny fall day when football first starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 08:59 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,074 times
I also love how MetLife is ranked twice--at #13 and #14 for the Giants and Jets...

Old 06-06-2017, 07:20 AM

8,117 posts, read 17,342,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Stadiums are too clean and sterile nowadays. I actually appreciate a little bit of grit and grime. I was too young to experience the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium but I'm pretty sure I would of absolutely loved it. Apparently you can't even stand in the Dawg Pound anymore.
You would have loved Veteran's Stadium in Philadelphia then. I actually saw my first football game at Shea Stadium in New York when the Jets were destroyed by the Bengals in Joe Namath's last game. The memory of that game was it was below freezing and pipes broke resulting in raw sewage coming out of the bathroom. That place was a dump a little more than 10 years after it was built. Arrowhead in Kansas City a current example of an outdated stadium that is worth voyage. What a thrill it was to attend a game there a few years ago.

I actually did take on a Cleveland Indians game in their last season in Cleveland Municipal Stadium in 1993. You would have indeed loved it. Hockey, too, I saw the last Boston Bruins game in the Boston Garden when they played the New Jersey Devils in 1995. Same thing with the old Maple Leaf Gardens, I saw a game there in 1990, best single game experience of all time, with knowledgeable fans in an old arena.

Yes, I can really appreciate older stadiums. There seemed to be more of a blue collar element, whereby anyone could attend a game, regardless of income. Nowadays, the common man is priced out, so the entire experience is sanitized. I had more disposable income before I had kids, so I was able to take on these games, but nowadays, even if I had the money to attend, I wouldn't do it nearly as much.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:24 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,561,574 times
Yes, I can really appreciate older stadiums. There seemed to be more of a blue collar element, whereby anyone could attend a game, regardless of income. Nowadays, the common man is priced out, so the entire experience is sanitized. I had more disposable income before I had kids, so I was able to take on these games, but nowadays, even if I had the money to attend, I wouldn't do it nearly as much.

I appreciate these comments as the average family cannot afford to attend sporting events with baseball still being somewhat affordable. This is probably a discussion for another thread or something already hashed over but wanted to acknowledge it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or