U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 03:41 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times

Advertisements

Because it is off season, no football yet, thought I would post this:

Ranking every NFL stadium from best (Lambeau Field) to worst (FedEx Field) | FOX Sports

Interesting listing, I'm sure some won't agree with Lambeau being first. I'm biased but I get it especially after the latest changes. The Hall of Fame is now 2 levels and bigger than the previous one. Lambeau is on many bucket lists for NFL fans as a must see.

USA Today published a list last year and similar to this one. I remember someone posting on here after being at Lambeau saying it seems small. Maybe it is the bench seating but the capacity is right up there with other 80,000 seat stadiums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 04:35 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,107,984 times
A little surprised the Browns' stadium is 25th, considering it's not that old and it's outdoors. Personally, I can't stand indoor stadiums, doesn't seem like a real football stadium to me.

Have to admit though, since I watch from home I'm more into getting the atmosphere of the game visually of outdoor games. If I had to sit in the elements maybe I'd feel differently.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:59 PM

23,628 posts, read 33,413,509 times
Not surprised BofA in Charlotte finished 24th. No frills place but it has a great location in Downtown Charlotte.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:22 PM

Also, FedEx field definitely deserves to be the worst. A stadium which is a pain to get to located in one of the most dangerous suburbs Washington DC has to offer. If you get there safe you will pay super inflated prices for everything.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:57 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
#11 -- University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona Cardinals)

Though this stadium is older than the iPhone, it's still a technological marvel with its retractable field - the first ever in North America. More than 500 steel wheels roll the 4-foot deep field at a blazing one-eighth of a mile per hour in order to keep the 10,000-ton field of Tifway-419 Bermuda grass in natural sunlight until game day. The name of the building is all kinds of confusing, however. While the efficacy of advertising through naming rights is always suspect to me, surely having an online college named for the team's home city adorning the stadium of that city's football team (where the university's non-existant football team does not play) isn't the best use of marketing. Surely there's a University of Phoenix course that could look into this.

Funny.

This particular ranking indicates that the name of the stadium is the main concern? That must mean that the stadium itself is fine. Isn't that what this "ranking" is really about?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:06 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,071,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Not surprised BofA in Charlotte finished 24th. No frills place but it has a great location in Downtown Charlotte.
Plus Charlotte knows how to deal with traffic. I'd be surprised if there's an easier stadium in the NFL to get in and out of.

They were handling some Sundays in October with a capacity crowd at BoA and a packed house of over 100k fans just up the road at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:10 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,368,244 times
#30 Cowboys AT&T Stadium

Old 05-23-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Plus Charlotte knows how to deal with traffic. I'd be surprised if there's an easier stadium in the NFL to get in and out of.

They were handling some Sundays in October with a capacity crowd at BoA and a packed house of over 100k fans just up the road at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
I've probably shared this before but I did a tour of the stadium a few years back and the tour guide said on game days he gets home in 35 min typically and he lived in South Carolina.

I also like the stadium because it was built with private money originally. I know a few years ago public money was added for upgrades.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:13 AM

6,307 posts, read 7,454,599 times
I found this humorous:

23 Gillette Stadium (New England Patriots)
As if sitting near Patriots fans for three hours wasn't bad enough, you have to sit in traffic with them for two hours on both ends of the game as well. But Gillette's pedestrian bridge and lighthouse is enough to kinda compensate for these shortcomings.

Ok, anti-Pats bias aside...

That Gillette Stadium is #23 because of the time required to get there and back, yet MetLife Stadium doesn't share the same "shortcoming"?

14 MetLife Stadium (New York Jets)
An eyesore from the outside (and not just because it's off the train tracks in northern New Jersey), the inside of MetLife is actually quite nice, balancing its service to capitalism while not feeling too much like the Mall of America.

It is a true pain in the butt to get to East Rutherford from NY, even when it's not gameday.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that the majority of the fanbase has to cross the George Washington Bridge should have placed this stadium way lower on the list.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:33 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
report doesn't mention that Lambeau was built upon the tiny, bleached-out bones of a hundred million extinct Neopolitan Butterflies destroyed in the construction process...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or