U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 05:09 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,009,154 times

Advertisements

I was watching PTI on ESPN a bit ago and Mike Wilbon touched on this. He was only 48 years old.

My first thought was how Reggie White passed away at only 43, with sleep apnea being a factor in his death. His official cause of death was cardiac arrythmia.

Sad, sad news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 05:25 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,035,317 times
Very sad indeed.

If I'm naturally a '6-4" 220 lb guy but have to eat like crazy to get my weight up to 280, I'll get back in normal shape much easier than the guy that's been super heavy since high school. The extra weight helps a lot when you're younger because you can focus on strength and technique a lot more than just weight gaining, but the natural bigs really struggle to get the weight off once they retire.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:25 PM

23,660 posts, read 33,499,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I was watching PTI on ESPN a bit ago and Mike Wilbon touched on this. He was only 48 years old.

My first thought was how Reggie White passed away at only 43, with sleep apnea being a factor in his death. His official cause of death was cardiac arrythmia.

Sad, sad news.
Very sad news. Someone pointed out to me that Cortez Kennedy was on the same line with Sam Adams in Seattle who I think was one of the best and most underrated DTs I've seen play. I really wished I had a chance to watch that combo.

One of his best seasons happened when he donned #99 in memory of Jerome Brown for the season. How could you not love that?

A good man, a damn good player gone far too soon.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:25 AM

5,761 posts, read 4,248,995 times
Was absolutely shocked to hear this yesterday! RIP CK! Very, very young!

Talking about Reggie White dying of sleep apnea, I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. I'm not a big guy, so it wasn't brought on by weight. I just happen to have two types of very severe sleep apnea. Of course, I use a CPAP every night to sleep, and it helps a lot. While it is a pain to have to wear a mask to bed at night, it's probably the easiest thing to do to stay alive. I don't think sleep apnea studies were really pushed much back when White was alive, but if he had taken part in the studies, he'd probably be alive today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football