Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 AM

47 posts, read 49,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Warren Moon is one of the best passers in league history. He would likely own several NFL records if he hadn't spent the first six years of his career in Canada.
Drew Brees also has to be in the discussion among the best 5 all time.
I am surprised I am the only one who officially placed him in my top 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 05:57 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
I loved Warren Moon but I just don't understand how he can be put over QBs who won Super Bowls and more importantly were a big reason their teams won titles. I also don't understand how Favre can be listed considering how many soul crushing late game interceptions he threw. How often did you see Brady, Montana etc give away playoff games with boneheaded plays? Favre did it more times than my top 5 combined. Way more.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:28 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Favre put Green Bay on the map, awesome QB but gun slinging, split second decisions ending up in an INT should be considered. Watching him for 3 years, this is why Aaron is INT obsessive.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:01 AM

939 posts, read 505,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
How many Super Bowls did Jeff Garcia or Elvis Grbac take the Niners to?
Nobody is saying they made Montana replaceable, but they weren't exactly your prototypical backup or no name QB per the way they performed when they did start games for San Fran.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Nobody is saying they made Montana replaceable, but they weren't exactly your prototypical backup or no name QB per the way they performed when they did start games for San Fran.
Oh there is no question the SF system was QB friendly. But I was responding to your line that read:

"made me start to wonder how good Montana was and if SF couldn't have simply installed Howdy Doody behind center and been fine."

Obviously they would not have been fine with Howdy Doody, in fact there was a very big drop off between Montana and the other QBs. Even the great Steve Young, who was great and early years in the wasteland of Tampa Bay should not count against him, was a slight drop off from Joe Cool

Old 07-15-2017, 01:08 PM

47 posts, read 49,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I loved Warren Moon but I just don't understand how he can be put over QBs who won Super Bowls and more importantly were a big reason their teams won titles. I also don't understand how Favre can be listed considering how many soul crushing late game interceptions he threw. How often did you see Brady, Montana etc give away playoff games with boneheaded plays? Favre did it more times than my top 5 combined. Way more.
Easy this is about your personal top five qbs of all-time not who should be 1-5 on an all-time list.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietstormP View Post
Easy this is about your personal top five qbs of all-time not who should be 1-5 on an all-time list.
Oh I understand this is your personal list. But I believe the exercise who "who would you personally list as your top 5 QBs". I don't think this is supposed to be a list of your favorite players but maybe I'm wrong. It's also a message board and this is also a discussion on the lists If I put Joe Theisman on mine I would expect to read comments just as the poster who listed Michael Vick did.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Favre put Green Bay on the map, awesome QB but gun slinging, split second decisions ending up in an INT should be considered. Watching him for 3 years, this is why Aaron is INT obsessive.
Do Packers fans really think Favre put Green Bay on the map? GB had won two super bowls before he showed up...

Old 07-16-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Do Packers fans really think Favre put Green Bay on the map? GB had won two super bowls before he showed up...
It is as if you are totally unaware that 30 seasons took place, , the vast majority losing seasons, between championships. The Packer of the 70's and 80's and early 90's were off the football map for sure until Favre arrived.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:46 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times

Might be a poor choice of words by me, but straight from the Packers historian, Cliff Christl:

Prior to Favre, the Packers were in bad shape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football