Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 06:15 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,082,275 times

Advertisements

Well, we have waited way long enough for football. And in a week, the season kicks off. So I thought that while the rosters are more or less set, and barring the unlikely injury to the starting 11 this weekend, in all likely, little will change in preseason except for who gets a practice squad job and who gets to push a mop after.....
Here then, for your entertainment, and ENTERTAINMENT ONLY are the Cat's Predictions for the 2017 season.

These are predictions only. No wagering Please.

AFC
East

1 New England Patriots
14-2

Much talk has been made about a 16-0 season. While it is plausable, it is not probable. 15 -1 is likely too One thing we know: Billicheck remains the football genius of the NFL, like him or not, he still knows how to win with who he has. Tom Brady turned 40 at camp and still has 8 years left to play.

2 BILL's BUFFALOS 7-9

You can be a team with no talent, a new system, holes everywhere and still finish tied for second place in the AFC EAST with a losing record. One, the Patriots will blow everyone away. Second, past Foxboro, there is little hope in the AFC EAST

3 MY FINZ 7-9 I had hoped that my Dolphins would build on last years finish, and it looked like in the free agency and draft that they were, then the QB giot hurt, the LB got hurt, members of the most offensive offensive line in the league got hurt, and suddenly being tied for second looks pretty good. Pretty good if you like a spongy offensive line that cannot stop a Pop Warner team. Not.

4 N Y JETS
1-15 (They will probably beat my Finz) These are not your grandaddy's Jets from when Joe Namath was the awesome QB of the league and Weeb Eubanks was to football then what Billicheck is now. No, these are more like this

A Place called New York, a scrap heap of AFC football, where the few Jets that can still fly are waiting to be purchased by another team, and where the new stadium should be called "The GREEN Graveyard" and each week's game replaced on the screen by episodes of HEIDI while the fans reminisce about how good the team was ONCE good a long long time ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFC NORTH

1 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 10-6 Another comment on disparity in the AFC, as the great franchise of the Steel City looks to put a stop to the Patriots. But Big Ben is not getting any younger, and unless the supporting class steps up, look for a short playoff run.

2 BALTIMORE RAVENS
9-7 Big Joe Flacco would like to say NEVERMORE to the Steelers winning the league, but like Big Ben, he is going to need help from his supporting cast

3 CINCINNATI BENGALS

Things are not improving in Cincy like the fans there had hoped. Some changes are probably coming for Marvin Lewis if the team does not make the playoffs, And they probably will not.

4 CLEVELAND BROWNS 4-12 See improvement over last years season in Cleveland .... something the fans deserve and football needs. And with the Jets and Bears attempting to field teams this year, the Browns won't have to be the laughing stock of the NFL They will still get a low round pick and with the number of good QBs coming out in the 2018 draft, good things may be ahead. Football traditionalists can only hope.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFC SOUTH

1 TENNESSEE TITANS 9-7 The Time for Marcus Mariotta is now. The Titans have patiently built a good franchise that can win easily in the under talented AFC South, although experience may not take them deep in the payoffs

2 HOUSTON TEXANS 8-8 Harvey was awful for Houston. The Town needs something to rebuild. The league leading ASTROS are playing some home games here in Tampa, the Rockets look to be set for another deep NBA run, the Texans, sadly, they did not find that all important QB Yet. t least they should be able to play at home when the season starts

3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 7-9

Another team that just seems to always come close and not quite make it. Shame.
4 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 6-10 I think Andrew's LUCK has run out, and if the team keeps finishing in the cellar, his welcome will too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC WEST

1 OAKLAND RAIDERS 12-4 I would be telling a big fat lie if I did not say that I would LOVE to see the Raiders win the Super Bowl. Then pack up and leave for Vegas. What a slap to the face of the NFL the long running fans of Oakland. To do such a thing, win and then say "See Ya" would only confirm my faith in the DARK SIDE and solidify my support for Darth Vader to make another run at president in 2020.

2 Kansas City Chiefs 11-5 I will skip the CHEFS commercial because I overplay that during the season. I will say it is the Raiders turn this year.

3 Someplace Chargers
8-8 Besides being the laughing stock and butt of most of my jokes on the forum (Hey did you hear the one about I took my broken vacuum cleaner back to the store. They put a Chargers jersey on it and now it sucks again. )
OK so I rag on the Chargers, but they have some decent players and we will see if they have any fans, other than the two on here who always report me for making fun of their team.

4 DENVER BRONCOS

5-11 These are not Peyon Mannings Horses....in fact they are not Dan Reeve's either. more like Mac Speedies' s horses...look it up.

================================================== ===

NFC EAST
1 THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS 9-7 9 and 7 will win a division that has no repeats and remains unpredictable. The Giants new look on D Should be just enough to edge out the opponents

2 DALLAS COWBOYS 8-8 For those who think the Cowboys are Super Bowl Bound, hang on a minute there buckaroo. First off, the defense looks to be even worse than last years. And that is bad. Second, the offensive line is not what is was the past few seasons. Third, certain players will get into that "sophomore slump" as coaches from the Giants and Redskins figure out how to stop them. So don't go making Super Bowl plans just yet. The Cowboys looked good last year thanks to some good rookies, a solid line, a lucky defense and beginners luck. But they ARE NOT A well coached team and certainly have more drama on the sidelines and locker room than a namesake TV series with Larry Hagmen did in the 70's. And in football, that is not a good thing.

3 WASHINGTON REDSKINS 8-8- Looks like another mediocre season for the Capital city team with the offensive name. Legumes everywhere are picketing for a name change. Perhaps the change needs to come up front on the line ?

4 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 7-9 WHILE the league was not looking, the Eagles did little to fly high, but in this division, that could be all they need

----------------------------------------------------------------------
NFC NORTH

1 GREEN BAY PACKERS 13-3
The Boys in Lambeau field are set to win the division easily Aaron Rogers and company remain the seasonal successes and this year will be no different

2 DETROIT LIONS 9-7 Talk has been that the Lions could go 9-7 OR 7-9 I think they have enough talent and drive to pick up a wild card spot.

3 MINNESOTA VIKINGS 8-8 A Few years ago I would have thought this was set to be the dominate team and the ones to relegate the Pack to 2nd place....but I was sure wrong about that one. But if you have read this far anyway, you probably know by now NOT to follow my advice on betting, except DON'T !

4 Chicago Bears 1-15 I hate the Bears, The City they come from and do not get me started about the few fans they have around here. I spend hours in a Buddhist temple trying to erase my disdain for certain franchises, mainly those who use the following mascots : Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Blackhawks, and of course not to mention that anyplace where public shooting is treated like a hobby should be avoided anyway. OK never mind. Let me change all that to say that as long as the Bears and Jets show up, then Browns and 49ers will not look so bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFC WEST

1 ARIZONA CARDINALS 11-5 OK So I keep picking the Pesky red Birds, because my house is full of red things with birds on them, since my youngest decided that the Cardinals are his favorite team. now he is losing interest, as teens are oft to do. Which is why a super Bowl run will bering better prices on EBAY for the junk he does not want anymore

2 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
10-6 OK so just call this the BIRDS division because it is back and forth this year between these two While Pete Carroll is still the coolest coach around, his team is not quite the Super Bowl Champs they were a few years ago. But they still have talent.

3 LOS ANGELES RAMS 6- 10 I predict good things for the RAMS but they are in a tough division and not ready to challenge just yet . Still they should field a good team, and fans will be pleased that they at least win a couple more games

4 SAN FRANCISCO 49ers
2- 14 How does a team go 2-14 two years in a row ? Ask Kyle Shanahan when you are hanging out with him at the job fair next year.

FINALLY

THE NFC SOUTH
I had to really go all out here in picking this one but here are my picks and I am sticking to them For now at least

1 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 10-6 OK Time for James Winston to man up, and this year, he has all the talent to do it, including depth at receiver, running back and playmakers showing sings of solidity at defense. I am going out on a pirates prosthetic hand and saying "ARRRRRR" the Buccaneers win me mateys.

2 ATLANTA FALCONS 9-7 NOBODY I REPEAT NOBODY repeats in this division. Does not happen. SO all that the DIrty Birds did to make an entertaining super bowl last year...not gonna happen

3 CAROLINA PANTHERS 7-0 Well Cam NEWTON had his flash of glory, since then the team has had personel changes, injuries, you name it,,,they are a ways from being the Super Bowl contenders they were recently

4 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 6-10 This might be Sean Peytons last year in N'awlins. Brees is still a great QB but the division is stacked with great QBS
Bringing in Peterson shows how little faith the team has in the offense and the running game. What concerns me is the other side of the ball.

SO lets add this up

AFC DIVISON WINNERS PATRIOTS STEELERS TITANS RAIDERS
AFC WILD CARDS CHIEFS Ravens
CHIEFS DEFEAT TITANS STEELERS DEFEAT RAVENS RAIDERS DEFEAT STEELERS PATRIOTS DEFEAT CHIEFS PATRIOTS DEFEAT RAIDERS
AFC Winner THE PATRIOTS (again)

NFC DIVISION WINNERS
GIANTS PACKERS CARDINALS BUCCANEERS
WILD CARD SEAHAWKS LIONS
SEAHAWKS defeat Buccaneers GIANTS defeat Lions
PACKERS DEFEAT SEAHAWKS CARDINALS DEFEAT GIANTS
PACKERS DEFEAT CARDINALS
WINNER The PACKERS

Super Bowl the Packers
Upset the Patriots and we sleep better for the offseason

Also don't Email me telling me the numbers don't add up or that Chicago is a nice city or that the the NFL should move a game every week to Mexico. If I did not like football, I would not care perhaps ?

QUote of the day:
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 07:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
i think you underestimate the cowboys my friend, but we shall see.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:05 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,614,526 times
I've been waiting for a Packer and Patriots SB since 2014, when Packers blew the lead in NFC Championship. They beat the Pats during the regular season that year, would have been a great Super Bowl!

I like the prediction and I hope you're right! Go Pack Go!!!

Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 PM

417 posts, read 444,843 times
The Eagles will win the NFC East.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:15 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
The Cat Man cometh, and he fears no prediction.

He may be right... or he may be NOT right...

But he will always be the CAT MAN!

Old 09-01-2017, 12:33 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,081,493 times
I'm predicting that I'm gonna hate the Detroit Lions' new "Color Splash" uniforms by week 2. Their alternate uniforms aren't much better either.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The Cat Man cometh, and he fears no prediction.

He may be right... or he may be NOT right...

But he will always be the CAT MAN!
well he has predicted that most of the time the team with the most points wins the game

Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm predicting that I'm gonna hate the Detroit Lions' new "Color Splash" uniforms by week 2. Their alternate uniforms aren't much better either.
Color Splash is a trendy fad.
I'm surprised we're not seeing PLAID.

Hey! I made a rhyme!

Old 09-01-2017, 08:56 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,082,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Color Splash is a trendy fad.
I'm surprised we're not seeing PLAID.
Hey don't encourage them ! If Goodell thought he could make money on it........

Do Encourage me

Old 09-01-2017, 09:03 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,614,526 times
Can't rep you anymore for awhile, but great stuff, cat picture is too cute! Go Pack Go, King Cat says so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football