U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 12:57 PM

3,765 posts, read 1,367,485 times

Advertisements

Most NFL fans don't want to watch a NFL game in a split screen unless it's another game being shown at the same time. Definitely not to sit there and watch a game with a commercial on the other side of the screen during a NFL game.

Your thoughts?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...l-split-screen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 02:33 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,246 times
I don't see how advertisers would be okay with this. Wouldn't this mean loss revenue for the NFL?

Wait, maybe I interpreted this wrong. They want to split screen the actual live game action? That's a big no-no from the fans experience.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:46 PM

2,533 posts, read 1,823,367 times
I have seen this on pro golf broadcasts recently also.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:02 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
I have seen this on pro golf broadcasts recently also.
I've seen this on IndyCar broadcasts as well.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:31 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,358,168 times
Horrible idea. This is the first I've read of it. Hopefully this means it's DOA or not getting much traction. Commercials kill the viewer experience. The NFL needs to cut out the shoehorned commercial breaks and have fewer of them. They could charge a premium for the commercial time available.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:33 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,325,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Most NFL fans don't want to watch a NFL game in a split screen unless it's another game being shown at the same time. Definitely not to sit there and watch a game with a commercial on the other side of the screen during a NFL game.

Your thoughts?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...l-split-screen
If it cuts down on the number of commercials and TV time outs, I'm all for it. Going to the live games is getting unbearable with all the play stoppage to stuff in more commercials.

If this is in ADDITION to all the commercials and TV time outs, then I'm probably done watching NFL football.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
If it cuts down on the number of commercials and TV time outs, I'm all for it. Going to the live games is getting unbearable with all the play stoppage to stuff in more commercials.

If this is in ADDITION to all the commercials and TV time outs, then I'm probably done watching NFL football.

Sometimes I don't mind a commercial because I get to go to the kitchen and prepare a meal or get a snack. Also at some point during the day all NFL fans need a commercial break to go to the bathroom. lol

Old 07-29-2017, 05:07 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,246 times
The article doesn't actually say the NFL is even thinking about doing this split screen thing though either. It's just a tweet from a reporter who works for NFL network. And he only speculates that we could see it in the NFL.

There are times during every NFL broadcast where the TV remains on the game but do to an injury, extended timeout or replay, nothing is really going on. I guess I could see the NFL split screening in those situations. But never during live action and hopefully never between plays either. The in and out would drive me crazy.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
The article doesn't actually say the NFL is even thinking about doing this split screen thing though either. It's just a tweet from a reporter who works for NFL network. And he only speculates that we could see it in the NFL.

There are times during every NFL broadcast where the TV remains on the game but do to an injury, extended timeout or replay, nothing is really going on. I guess I could see the NFL split screening in those situations. But never during live action and hopefully never between plays either. The in and out would drive me crazy.
I never understood why there is a commercial every time the ball changes possessions.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:52 PM

1,005 posts, read 576,403 times
I thought this is why they pause for a few minutes at live games. Don't remember missing a play while watching the game on tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or