U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:18 AM

10,686 posts, read 11,093,104 times

Advertisements

Do the 2017 Steelers belong anywhere on this list? They were 13-3 and had a first round playoff bye, so they definitely fit the profile of a lot of the other teams that are on the list. They were behind pretty much the whole way too, not really waking up until down 21-0.

Worth considering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 09:39 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,729 times
I say no to the 2017 Steelers. One reason being that they lost to a team in the postseason that had already beat them at home in the regular season. They have also had a very suspect defense all year that became even more so after losing Shazier.

Going back to that 2008 Cardinals team, I didn't realize they went 9-7 that year for some reason i thought they squeaked in at 8-8 or 7-9. Now that I see they went 9-7 no way I could say they are anywhere close to one of the worst team to make the playoffs.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:06 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
The best one and done team in recent years (let's say since 2000) would be the 2010 Patriots that went 14-2 and suffered a bad loss at home to the Jets.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:15 AM

929 posts, read 297,063 times
Arizona played in an awful division, which inflated its record. The next-to-last week they were losing 47-0 to the Patriots (the 11-5 Bradyless version who amazingly missed the playoffs despite the lofty record). It was an embarrassing display, clear lack of effort in snowy conditions. There are worse I agree, but they still stand out given the team's notoriety with the near Super Bowl win.

As for the Steelers, no way they are a great one and done example. They looked like garbage in about 2/3rds of its games this season.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:14 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,157,183 times
Quote:
#12: 2012 Broncos, 13-3, #1 seed. In Manning’s first season with the Broncos, he led the team to 11 straight wins after a 2-3 start and secured the top seed in the playoffs. This team had it all: an explosive offense, solid special teams, and a dominant defense that did just about everything well. It looked inevitable that the Broncos would reach the Super Bowl again. Then in a frigid double OT game with the Ravens, the Broncos waved the white flag with two timeouts and 38 seconds remaining in regulation. That came on the heels of a 4th down hail mary bomb by Joe Flacco that will forever more define Rahim Moore to Broncos and Ravens fans alike for his near miss on defending it. A Peyton Manning pick seconds into the second OT period set up the Ravens for the winning FG, and a dream season ended in spectacular disappointment, 38-35.
This is my personal #1 choice. That team was loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and it was all for not thanks to some bad officiating, a p***y of a head coach, and one of the worst defensive plays (both in the actual playcall and execution) I've ever seen in professional football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or