U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:14 PM

4,900 posts, read 3,986,809 times

Advertisements

That means FOOTBALL season is right around the corner.

Some of us are well ready for football and welcome the HOF as the signal that Football is Almost here. (Some will wait until the regular season, but so be it )

WHICH MEANS that soon we will be posting predictions, talking about the issues of the game, and before we know it, opening night will be here.

The HOF game is being played early, on Thursday, to kick off the ceremonies i as opposed to ending them. This is because in the 164 years they have been playing the HOF game, once, last year, it had to be cancelled due to unsafe conditions. (It was also cancelled in 1886, the same year that Queen Elizabeth II was born) So rather than end the weekend ceremonies with the game, we will start them after 3 days of practice, and hope the injuries are not TOO bad.

SO In order to jump start everyone's excitement for football season, here are a few of the KingCats bold pre-prediction predictions:

....Somewhere along the way, someone will be angered by my hatred of the Cowboys and also by my jokery of the Chargers. You remember the Chargers, the ones who used to be in San Diego, but for some reason, moved to Los Angeles, a city that had NO teams a few years ago.....? The ones that were going to use a soccer field that seats 29,000 this year, but instead due to riots and gang wars, have moved over to using Los Angeles Regional High School field which seats about 12,000...of which they will not fill.

.... I think it would be hilarious for the Raiders to win the SUuper Bowl. Then leave town. Would be the bigest "up Yours" wince I called my boss and quit Friday.

...... Speaking of the Las Vegas Raiders, there is a dispensery of recreational Marijuana near the proposed stadium. Will make the fans more mellow perhaps ?

....... Once the season gets going, read Colt and Bill's predictions if you want serious football commentary. Read mine if you want a feline attempt at humor.

........ My kid will get mad about my using the term "Pesky Red Birds" to refer to a team he likes.

.......Billicheck is already looking for new ways to cheat.

......... The league will adopt a new drug policy, but it will apply only to teams based in Colorado, DC , Mass, Oregon, Washington and Maine. This will extend to teams in California in 2018. Someone, probably the Jets, will move to Portland as a result.

.........Global Warming will force the seaon back eventually. Dome stadiums that are complete with snow will start to appear in places like Chicago and Green Bay that used to have cold weather. This will give an "Old school: feeling of football to the fans.

......Goodell will announce that each team MUST play one regular season game in another country (Wait..didn't he do that in April already?) In addition to London and Mexico City, Venues will include Paris, Tokyo, Seoul and Calcutta.

....In order to be more fair, Goodell also will announce plans to extend the playoffs to the top 10 teams in each conference with a Bye Week for the top 2 . he will alos reinstate the college ALL star Game, but they will go against the worst team in the NFL.....(probably the Chargers)

.....The Jacksonville Jaguars will allow clothing optional areas of the stadium due to the opressive heat. Likely, no one will notice.

.....I am setting up a Fantasy Football league for us here on Cuty Data. That is for real. I really am.

.....Finally, the Hall of Fame Game will see mostly practice squad applicants on the field for 3 quarters. To prevent injury, starters will remain home with most of the coaching staff, and Goodell will be there saying "We need 6 or 8 preseason games because of this"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 07:06 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,867,409 times
Get the paint out?

Old 07-31-2017, 07:17 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times
Thanks for your post, Cat! Last year the game wasn't played hopefully this year they will not have any issues. Can't wait for some football, such as it is!

Old 07-31-2017, 08:17 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,141,495 times
Great to have you back, Cat Man! Thanks for the reminder regarding the HoF Game. I guess that means some weird, alien form of "football" will actually be played.

Kurt Warner got in, but...

Jerry Jones? That must be a major typo. Somebody's head's gonna roll...

Old 07-31-2017, 08:40 AM

32,539 posts, read 26,449,683 times
ok LKC, lets calm down now, its just another football game.......

OH GOODY GOODY THE SEASON IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER

Old 07-31-2017, 09:27 AM

23,661 posts, read 33,511,402 times
My bold prediction; the Bills will make their first playoff appearance in the new millennium. The Pats will buy 53 tickets at Foxboro for the Bills players to sit in for the divisional round.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:58 PM

1,018 posts, read 581,976 times
Go Cowboys!

Old 07-31-2017, 09:19 PM

3,835 posts, read 1,401,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
That means FOOTBALL season is right around the corner.

Some of us are well ready for football and welcome the HOF as the signal that Football is Almost here. (Some will wait until the regular season, but so be it )

WHICH MEANS that soon we will be posting predictions, talking about the issues of the game, and before we know it, opening night will be here.

The HOF game is being played early, on Thursday, to kick off the ceremonies i as opposed to ending them. This is because in the 164 years they have been playing the HOF game, once, last year, it had to be cancelled due to unsafe conditions. (It was also cancelled in 1886, the same year that Queen Elizabeth II was born) So rather than end the weekend ceremonies with the game, we will start them after 3 days of practice, and hope the injuries are not TOO bad.

SO In order to jump start everyone's excitement for football season, here are a few of the KingCats bold pre-prediction predictions:

....Somewhere along the way, someone will be angered by my hatred of the Cowboys and also by my jokery of the Chargers. You remember the Chargers, the ones who used to be in San Diego, but for some reason, moved to Los Angeles, a city that had NO teams a few years ago.....? The ones that were going to use a soccer field that seats 29,000 this year, but instead due to riots and gang wars, have moved over to using Los Angeles Regional High School field which seats about 12,000...of which they will not fill.

.... I think it would be hilarious for the Raiders to win the SUuper Bowl. Then leave town. Would be the bigest "up Yours" wince I called my boss and quit Friday.

...... Speaking of the Las Vegas Raiders, there is a dispensery of recreational Marijuana near the proposed stadium. Will make the fans more mellow perhaps ?

....... Once the season gets going, read Colt and Bill's predictions if you want serious football commentary. Read mine if you want a feline attempt at humor.

........ My kid will get mad about my using the term "Pesky Red Birds" to refer to a team he likes.

.......Billicheck is already looking for new ways to cheat.

......... The league will adopt a new drug policy, but it will apply only to teams based in Colorado, DC , Mass, Oregon, Washington and Maine. This will extend to teams in California in 2018. Someone, probably the Jets, will move to Portland as a result.

.........Global Warming will force the seaon back eventually. Dome stadiums that are complete with snow will start to appear in places like Chicago and Green Bay that used to have cold weather. This will give an "Old school: feeling of football to the fans.

......Goodell will announce that each team MUST play one regular season game in another country (Wait..didn't he do that in April already?) In addition to London and Mexico City, Venues will include Paris, Tokyo, Seoul and Calcutta.

....In order to be more fair, Goodell also will announce plans to extend the playoffs to the top 10 teams in each conference with a Bye Week for the top 2 . he will alos reinstate the college ALL star Game, but they will go against the worst team in the NFL.....(probably the Chargers)

.....The Jacksonville Jaguars will allow clothing optional areas of the stadium due to the opressive heat. Likely, no one will notice.

.....I am setting up a Fantasy Football league for us here on Cuty Data. That is for real. I really am.

.....Finally, the Hall of Fame Game will see mostly practice squad applicants on the field for 3 quarters. To prevent injury, starters will remain home with most of the coaching staff, and Goodell will be there saying "We need 6 or 8 preseason games because of this"

I will make sure I stay away from all predictions the next 5 weeks and just focus on september 10th. I don't even want to watch any preseason games and rather just wait for the real thing.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:51 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,270,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I will make sure I stay away from all predictions the next 5 weeks and just focus on september 10th. I don't even want to watch any preseason games and rather just wait for the real thing.
That would just be regular season other than London and Thursday night nfl games.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 PM

3,835 posts, read 1,401,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
That would just be regular season other than London and Thursday night nfl games.

That's all I tend to wait for while avoiding all the hype from ESPN about what team is going all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football