U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 AM

201 posts, read 842,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebreezy View Post
slc is more radiers and 49ers nation last time i was living in slc.....and it can support a team stop bashing on slc last time i check it did host the 2002 winter game has portland ever held a the summer or winter games i don't think so. takes notes and do more re-search people.

Portland does not have the climate to host the winter games. By the way, saying a city hosted the winter games is meaningless. Such "booming" metropolises like Lake Placid, NY, Grenoble, France, and Squaw Valley, CA have also hosted the Winter Games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarcia879 View Post
CFL is Major League too, its championship has been in existance way before the Super Bowl, It has a Hall of Fame, and you still think is doesnt count as a "Major League"?

As long as the NFL uses it as a minor league system, its not really "major".

Old 11-28-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Nah. Football is a cold-weather sport, meant to be played outdoors in freezing temps, hands in the snow. Not in some place that will never see snow (ie AZ, FL, SoCal). .

Actually Arizona does get snow. Depends on where you are at in the state. Phoenix, no, but up in the mountains, yes.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:43 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,394,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Poison View Post
Actually Arizona does get snow. Depends on where you are at in the state. Phoenix, no, but up in the mountains, yes.
Well, Phoenix and Tucson DO get snow, but nothing that amounts to anything really. My point was, football is an outdoor winter sport, and all the dome teams and warm-winter teams just dont belong, it takes the fun out of the sport. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 PM

5,985 posts, read 3,736,079 times
The Virginia Beach-Norfolk metro area with its 1.5 million inhabitants has no top level sports franchise that I'm aware of. Among areas that have one or more franchises, I would vote for San Antonio-Austin, Portland and Vancouver.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 AM

6,947 posts, read 9,044,841 times
Portland, OR and Vancouver, BC

Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
The Virginia Beach-Norfolk metro area with its 1.5 million inhabitants has no top level sports franchise that I'm aware of. Among areas that have one or more franchises, I would vote for San Antonio-Austin, Portland and Vancouver.

There is a reason why Virginia Beach-Norfolk has no major league sports teams......

Old 12-04-2007, 11:04 AM

3,350 posts, read 5,952,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Poison View Post
As long as the NFL uses it as a minor league system, its not really "major".

Huh? I think the NFL financially supports the CFL, but it's not a development league for the NFL. Yeah, guys come from the CFL to play in the NFL, but not as part of any training regimen on the NFL's part.

NFL Europe was the farm league ...

Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM

5,102 posts, read 5,978,750 times
Quote:
Southern football is king. Do they have the Big 12 and SEC up north? Was Friday Night Lights about a team in Ohio? I don't think so.
It's nice that Texas likes this northern invention, but because someone wrote a novel about high school football in Texas doesn't make it any more of a football "state' than say Ohio. As for the college comment... well that demonstrates someone who doesn't seem to know much of anything beyond there own town.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Huh? I think the NFL financially supports the CFL, but it's not a development league for the NFL. Yeah, guys come from the CFL to play in the NFL, but not as part of any training regimen on the NFL's part.

NFL Europe was the farm league ...

No, the CFL is practically the farm league. I know the CFL is not "literally" a minor league affiliate of the NFL, and I never said that.

On the other hand, every CFL player wants to play in the NFL, and most players who are in the CFL are only there because they couldnt make an NFL roster.

Cut out the major league bound prospects, and thats basically what a minor league system is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or