U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 07:50 PM

9,466 posts, read 12,309,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:
1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?
1. San Antonio will get a team simply for hosting New Orleans
2.L.A. will never get a team because the people of SoCal are too Jaded
to fork over taxpayer money for a new sports venue and the NFL needs
L.A. much more than L.A. Needs The NFL You Can Beleive That
3.Las Vegas "Never" the people of Las Vegas are like the citizens of L.A.
As A Matter Of Fact I Call Las Vegas And Phoenix (Baja Cali )Vegas is
Too Jaded to even care about a NFL Team Cities that are trying to
Increase Their's Status Are Trying To Lure Teams
4.Toronto And Vancouver are the only Canadian Cities That Could Make
A Go Of The NFL
5.Columbus Ohio could handle a NFL Team look at (Memphis) The Titian
Were There 2 yrs Before They Moved To Nashville And (Jacksonlle) FL
Look How Long They Had A NFL Team And What About K.C. Missouri
6. Austin TX I Left (Baja Texas) That's what I Use To Call Oklahoma
And I Know All About Texas Austin Woud Never Support A NFL Team
They Are Out Into More Important And Weighier Things
7.Louisville Kentucky (Bingo) This Is What I Think Should Be The Second
City To Get A Team Behind San Antonio Louisville Has The Metro Area
Of Memphis,Jacksonville,Nashville And They All Had Have NFL Teams
8.Orlando FL( FL) Isn't Large Enough For (4) NFL Teams Yet (Continued)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:
1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?
Continued From First Post
9.Portland I Left (Baja Texas) Oklahoma And Moved To California And Have Been Living Out Here In The West For The Last 29 Years .The Cities Out Here In The West Aren't That Crazy About Sports Teams With The Exception Of The Oakland Raiders And The L.A. Lakers And L.A. Dodgers .They Are Secure
In The Perceived Status And Image Of Their's Towns And Won't Bankrupt Their's City County And State Budget Just To Attract A Team..Portland Is Like L.A. They Don't Want To Pay And Feel Like They Already Have Enough Going on in town to satisfy their's urges
10.Oklahoma City..This is going to blow everybody away O.K.C. Already Had A NBA Team for 2 yrs New Orleans/O.K.C. and are bringing the Seattle SuperSonics To O.K.C. next year I was raised in Tulsa Oklahoma and if you look at the distants from O.K.C. to Tulsa Today It's only 75 Miles....There's
A Turnpike That's runs from metro o.k.c to tulsa called the turner Turnpike
that's 85 miles long , and if O.K.C. and Tulsa Developed A Join Owneship
Group And Built A 70,000 To 80,000 Sports Venue At Mile 42.5 On The Turner Turnpike They Could Bring A NFL Team To Oklahoma In 2010 The Metro Area Now Is 2.3 Millions In 2010 when The Gaps In Metro Tulsa Fills In And Washington County ,Nowata County , Muskogee County,Are added o Metro Tulsa And Metro O.K.C. Grows Some More That Will Be a 2.6. 2.7 Metro Area
Tulsa Oklahoma Is Home To The 23rd Richest Man In America 8.5 Billion Dolla
That 8,500 Millions dollars And Tulsa Is Home To 2 Fortune 500 Corp. And Another Corp. On The Verge Of Fortune 500Dom O.K.C. has is share of Billionaires And 4 Fortune 500 Corp. Be It They Are Ranked Lower Than Tulsa

Old 01-18-2008, 08:41 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Richmond, you mean Richmond Va. getting a team? Oh thats rich!! I think this town has a whole lot more it needs to do before it could ever get a pro team here. They will be lucky if they can keep the Braves farm team. Richmond is not deserving of a pro team..........and it never will be.
I called that one right. R-Braves are leaving Richmond in 2010. That city is in sad shape.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 PM

18 posts, read 33,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
san antonio, a city of this size cant possibly be ignored by the nfl any longer.
I have seen this error numerous places, including numerous times in this thread alone. San Antonio is the 7th largest city, but it's MARKET (TV specifically) is only 37. Add in in Austin and it gets better but AUS is still not the same city.

Off the top of my head, Portland and Sacramento are bigger markets without teams and Orlando is just as large.

What you also may wanna consider, is yearly income.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 PM

520 posts, read 2,292,220 times
Des Moines

Old 01-28-2008, 01:09 PM

2,116 posts, read 4,202,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Continued From First Post
9.Portland I Left (Baja Texas) Oklahoma And Moved To California And Have Been Living Out Here In The West For The Last 29 Years .The Cities Out Here In The West Aren't That Crazy About Sports Teams With The Exception Of The Oakland Raiders And The L.A. Lakers And L.A. Dodgers .They Are Secure
In The Perceived Status And Image Of Their's Towns And Won't Bankrupt Their's City County And State Budget Just To Attract A Team..Portland Is Like L.A. They Don't Want To Pay And Feel Like They Already Have Enough Going on in town to satisfy their's urges
10.Oklahoma City..This is going to blow everybody away O.K.C. Already Had A NBA Team for 2 yrs New Orleans/O.K.C. and are bringing the Seattle SuperSonics To O.K.C. next year I was raised in Tulsa Oklahoma and if you look at the distants from O.K.C. to Tulsa Today It's only 75 Miles....There's
A Turnpike That's runs from metro o.k.c to tulsa called the turner Turnpike
that's 85 miles long , and if O.K.C. and Tulsa Developed A Join Owneship
Group And Built A 70,000 To 80,000 Sports Venue At Mile 42.5 On The Turner Turnpike They Could Bring A NFL Team To Oklahoma In 2010 The Metro Area Now Is 2.3 Millions In 2010 when The Gaps In Metro Tulsa Fills In And Washington County ,Nowata County , Muskogee County,Are added o Metro Tulsa And Metro O.K.C. Grows Some More That Will Be a 2.6. 2.7 Metro Area
Tulsa Oklahoma Is Home To The 23rd Richest Man In America 8.5 Billion Dolla
That 8,500 Millions dollars And Tulsa Is Home To 2 Fortune 500 Corp. And Another Corp. On The Verge Of Fortune 500Dom O.K.C. has is share of Billionaires And 4 Fortune 500 Corp. Be It They Are Ranked Lower Than Tulsa

Soooooo obnoxious to try to read. Tone down the caps.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:32 AM

84 posts, read 327,948 times
Austin, TX! Shoot, we have UT, why not an NFL team?! ..well, actually I want a team here just so we wouldn't have to go to Houston or Dallas just to catch a game.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,456,522 times
I would like to see a team in Fargo also but they dont even have a division 2 college team, or maybe they do now, but you get the point.

I do think if they ever give another city a pro team they should put it in an area that dosent have a pro sports team nearby.The Southwest is spread out and hundreds of miles from one city to the next.

I would like to see Albuquerque,Boise but its way too small,Portland, or Omaha.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:28 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,658,839 times
Hey JJG, no offense but there should not be a NFL team outside of the United States. Toronto may be a great city and close to the border, but the NFL needs to stay America's game. They tried the World League or NFL Europa, and it didn't work.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Soooooo obnoxious to try to read. Tone down the caps.
I totally agree with you my upper caps are getting a little under my skin too.I wish that i would've seen this on February 2nd well any who better late than never , i have seen the light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or