U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,991 times

Advertisements

San Jose Raiders would be better than Oakland.
Orlando Hurricanes sounds cool.
Cheyenne is terrible becauit has half the population of Terre haute, Indiana.
Have you ever heard of terre haute.
39000 peeps in Ceyenne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,097,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmcmansir View Post
San Jose Raiders would be better than Oakland.
Orlando Hurricanes sounds cool.
Cheyenne is terrible because it has half the population of Terre haute, Indiana.
Have you ever heard of terre haute.
39000 peeps in Ceyenne
I have not only heard of Terre Haute, I have been to Terre Haute.

What exactly does this have to do with NFL franchises?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,912,172 times
I can't see sahn antonio supportihng a major team thru the decades. They don't even have a decent airport really.Texas has enough teams for now.In fact the NFC has enough.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:44 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,075,734 times
It would be nice if Cleveland had a REAL NFL team.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 AM

927 posts, read 1,209,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I can't see sahn antonio supportihng a major team thru the decades. They don't even have a decent airport really.Texas has enough teams for now.In fact the NFC has enough.
That's a bunch of crap. San Antonio would be a fine place for an NFL team. You must not have been to SA in a long time because it's changed alot and is certainly good enough for the major leagues and the NFL in addition to the NBA. Where did learn to spell too? Because you don't do a very good job of it.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:42 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,714,717 times
Im from San Antonio, and while I'd love to see another franchise I don't see it happening for at least another 10 years. Feel free to have your own opinions, and to keep em general, or to yourself because I couldn't give a you know what..... Here's my list....

1. LA
2. Portland
3. Salt Lake City
4. Virginia Beach - Norfolk - Hampton Roads Area
5. San Antonio
6. Sacramento

Old 01-24-2009, 11:57 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Im from San Antonio, and while I'd love to see another franchise I don't see it happening for at least another 10 years. Feel free to have your own opinions, and to keep em general, or to yourself because I couldn't give a you know what..... Here's my list....

1. LA
2. Portland
3. Salt Lake City
4. Virginia Beach - Norfolk - Hampton Roads Area
5. San Antonio
6. Sacramento
I think you're way off the mark on this post. The only place I see on your list that should be ahead of San Antonio, and that's barely, is Los Angeles.

Portland - Doesn't have a stadium for football and won't anytime soon. Besides the city has made it well known that their priority is baseball.

SLC - Same thing here. No stadium and no plan to build one. It's also not big enough. Not enough people in the region.

VB - A clear case of being too small. Also, no stadium ready. No plans to build one. VB area is about half the size of San Antonio.

San Antonio - the most logical choice for a team next to LA. At 2.1 million the metro area is much larger than any of the other candidates except Los Angeles. It has a Dome that's ready for play now and can be either refurbished or another Dome built. It's got a strong corporate community. With the way people worship football around San Antonio the team would enjoy massive support much like the Spurs have for 36 years.

Sacramento - Being so close geographically to two other teams knocks them out of the competition automatically. SF/Oak are only about 90 miles away. San Antonio lies 200 miles form Houston and 300 miles from Dallas.

Based on this information and other facts that are included in this link, San Antonio and Los Angeles will be next to get NFL teams in the near future. Within 5 years for sure.

Location model in the national football league: predicting optimal expansion and relocation sites | Sport Journal, The | Find Articles at BNET

Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 AM

125 posts, read 391,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:

1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?
L.A. can't support a team...maybe the Raiders could make it

San Antonio is a good option but the Cowboys dominate that state.

Las Vegas would come off as hokey just because of the areas reputation

Columbus would die as it would be sooo close to the Browns and Steelers

Louisville I don't know enough about the area.

Orlando is to close to Tampa.

Portland can support a team so maybe.

OKC would be a good option.

Scranton!!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:23 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,680,579 times
How about Juno, Alaska and make it an open air stadium. Then Green Bay could no longer call their stadium the frozen tundra.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:23 PM

142 posts, read 240,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Personally, I'm glad that LA doesn't have one--and I'm not the only person who thinks so. I know a guy from Los Angeles who says that "LA doesn't need a team, we cheer for the Raiders, an we got USC."
I personnally dont want an NFL team in LA seeing as the 49rs are about 6-7 hours from here the raiders are about 5-6 hours away and the chargers are only 3-4 hours drive from LA. besides LA already has a team that is better then some NFL teams here (USC).If anything make a team called the Los Angeles Trojans i bet you will get a good fan base and many around here might aprove. rathere then sending some other citys failures or burdens we dont want them or need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzaguy View Post
The Las Vegas Gamblers!!!
catchy name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or