U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 12:07 AM

18,691 posts, read 27,218,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I meant the attack term figuratively for one thing. And secondly what I objected to in the post I responded to was the smug nature of the comments. I do not deny that the cowpigs have many fans in South and indeed all of Texas. What I'm saying is that they are not the only show in town.

And just as there are many cowpig fans in San Antonio and Austin there are as many Spurs fans there as well. Primarily because the two franchises have been very successful and have won numerous Championships. Oh and incidentally, when San Antonio gets its football team Austin will become apart of that TV market for reasons of proximity. Sorry Austin cowpig fans.
Cowpig? Must be a deadskin fan. We all know how obsessed they are over their father.

Anyway regarding Austin. Please. If the Austin market wants to watch the Cowboys, they will put the Cowboys on. Just as much as they do with the Titans and Texans. San Antonio could have a team (and I think they can support one no doubt), but Austin will still be a dominate Cowboy town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 AM

927 posts, read 1,213,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Cowpig? Must be a deadskin fan. We all know how obsessed they are over their father.

Anyway regarding Austin. Please. If the Austin market wants to watch the Cowboys, they will put the Cowboys on. Just as much as they do with the Titans and Texans. San Antonio could have a team (and I think they can support one no doubt), but Austin will still be a dominate Cowboy town.
True. I am a great fan of the mighty Washington Redskins. And I make no bones about it. And it remains to be seen if Austin will remain a cowpig town in the future. Of the three NBA teams in Texas, Austin has by far more Spur fans than any other team. I find that interesting.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:21 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,236,617 times
Quote:
At over 2.2 million and one of the fastest rates of growth for a major American city how can you say that San Antonio could not support an NFL team over time? That doesn't make sense. Franchises have been placed in numerous similar sized places precisely because they have great futures. Charlotte, Nashville, and Denver are prime examples and San Antonio is no different. It seems that several people on this forum have an outdated and inaccurate view of today's San Antonio. San Antonio is the 7th largest city and the 27th largest TV market in the country. And is expected to grow by leaps and bounds in the years ahead. And it is certainly a place that can support and an NFL team for 10 games a year plus the playoffs.
Charlotte,Nashville,and Denver only have ONE team in their state.The guy is right when he says Dallas will still prevail for the majority of the people from Texas.I went to Lackland while in the Air Force and can honestly say that the first year or two they'd do good but after that, the bottom would fall out like it did with the Oilers(originally in Houston) and they were fairly competitive.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:

No matter where else you put a team in Texas,most would still support the Cowboys.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
True. I am a great fan of the mighty Washington Redskins. And I make no bones about it. And it remains to be seen if Austin will remain a cowpig town in the future. Of the three NBA teams in Texas, Austin has by far more Spur fans than any other team. I find that interesting.
Was it like that 10 years ago? Dallas and Houston are decent teams but the Spurs have CONSISTENTLY been good since David Robinson was on the team.People like winners and the Spurs are proven champions and alot more consistent then the other two from Texas.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:36 PM

9,505 posts, read 12,397,608 times
Default Austin Texas Is Not A Dallas Cowboys Town It's A Texas University Town Hands Down

Quote:

Sorry...Austin is University of Texas football to the "Extreme"....when did they all of a sudden become rabid Cowboy Fans....

Old 06-18-2009, 08:44 PM

623 posts, read 1,354,005 times
Not sure why so many people have listed Las Vegas. Too many transient people living there with previous allegiances.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:38 PM

18,691 posts, read 27,218,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Sorry...Austin is University of Texas football to the "Extreme"....when did they all of a sudden become rabid Cowboy Fans....
Austin has always been a rabid Cowboy town. Ever since the Cowboys came into the League. Obviously not as popular as the Longhorns. But still very rabid.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:21 PM

1,859 posts, read 2,102,707 times
Can't say that I know much about Texas... but I tend to think San Antonio wouldn't be a bad place for a new team. On the other hand... I'm pretty much oppose anymore expansion, in any sport.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,495,504 times
I dont think San Antonio should get one, Texas already has 2 and the Cowboys dominate the scene too much already in all the nearby areas. It would be a waste of a team when you could give it to a city that would be truly devoted to their football team.

Kentucky seems to show good support for their teams wether its college football or basketball or minor league baseball but I think the Southern cities are much more interested in college ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or