U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 AM

2,653 posts, read 4,721,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Honolulu!! It makes no sense economy wise, but having no pro teams out here sucks. But then again if you put a pro team on Oahu you could get 80,000 people easily to go to the games.
Good Idea!

With all the Pacific Islander talent populating the NFL, They could become to the Football mad Pacific Islands what the Cowboys are to Texas. I bet they could sell out an 80k stadium 10 times a year. My only question is if the states lower income levels would hurt the ability to get enough fans who could pay top dollar for tickets.

Would like to see them try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,336 times
Yeah I know what your saying about Green Bay. I'm from Wisconsin and Green Bay has nothing going for it other than the Packers. But the Packers were started from the Indian Packing Co. and Lambeau Field is full of history. I think Milwaukee is kind of a dump if you ride around it a lot. East Side is cool, but the rest kind of sucks. With Packers games there, there would be so much going on.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,091,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxTREME11 View Post
I think Milwaukee is kind of a dump if you ride around it a lot. East Side is cool, but the rest kind of sucks.
You should not talk about places you have never visited.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:06 PM

13,789 posts, read 7,320,817 times
The latest news I hear in LA about the NFL is that many think the Chargers will be the team that has the best chance of making a move north to LA. KABC 7 had this story recently.

Also, the new proposed stadium in City of Industry may be built with the ability to handle two NFL teams...or at least that's the wish from those who are working on the stadium plan. I haven't read the entire thread here but I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned already.

I also believe San Antonio will get a team from a franchise out there already that is itching to make a move. The Alamodome would have to be upgraded though with more luxury box seats, etc.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,860,426 times
I don't think Jerry Jones wants a team in SA. He wasn't to happy about the Texans. I think Jacksonville may move to LA.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:32 AM

927 posts, read 1,209,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I don't think Jerry Jones wants a team in SA. He wasn't to happy about the Texans. I think Jacksonville may move to LA.
It doesn't matter much what Jerry Jones wants. If the league views San Antonio as a viable NFL market they will approve the move of any team to the city. (See Chargers). Jones may not like it and he may lobby other owners to block a move to put a team here. But in the end it's economics that will dictate what team goes where not Jerry Jones.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,860,426 times
You hit it on the head...lobby other owners.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM

623 posts, read 1,348,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
The latest news I hear in LA about the NFL is that many think the Chargers will be the team that has the best chance of making a move north to LA. KABC 7 had this story recently.

Also, the new proposed stadium in City of Industry may be built with the ability to handle two NFL teams...or at least that's the wish from those who are working on the stadium plan. I haven't read the entire thread here but I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned already.
Government sponsored (every single one it seems), newly constructed stadiums and arenas have to sustain themselves through as many events as possible. There is a lot of unwillingness for a new Brooklyn Arena because that would mean too many NY owned venues, which already have trouble balancing the bottom line with only MSG. Even over a handful of empty dates can equal a loss for the year. I'd say two teams in LA is certainly a possibility.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM

18,627 posts, read 27,037,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Actually, Jerry actually was the owner that wanted Houston to get a team.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times
Wichita isn't a bad idea. Omaha should be considered before Lincoln.
1. Oklahoma City, OK
2. Omaha, NE
3. Albuquerque, NM
4. Salt Lake City, UT
5. Birmingham, AL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or