U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,699 times

Advertisements

I think montana should have an nfl team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 04:38 PM

10 posts, read 23,834 times
Don't agree, ND and WY are to small

Old 10-22-2009, 05:52 PM

10 posts, read 23,834 times
Talking NFL Teams

1. Louisville
2. Portland
3. OKC or Tulsa
4. San Antonio
5. Milwaulke (Put the Packers there, Green Bay is to small for a team)
6. Salt Lake City
7. Albuqurque
8. Omaha
9. Virginias or the Carolinas

There, new teams for each division, if GB moves they would still be in that division.

Alaska and Hawaii shouldn't have one because they are to far away from the states. Wyoming is way to small.

seattlerainer

Old 10-23-2009, 09:13 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,007,122 times
I always thought Nebraska (Omaha) and Oklahoma (OKC) should have pro teams. They have a huge following at the college level and high school football is big in these states as well. I think the residents of these two states would truly appreciate a pro team.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 AM

761 posts, read 3,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerainer View Post
1. Louisville
2. Portland
3. OKC or Tulsa
4. San Antonio
6. Salt Lake City
7. Albuqurque
8. Omaha

There, new teams for each division, if GB moves they would still be in that division.

Alaska and Hawaii shouldn't have one because they are to far away from the states. Wyoming is way to small.

seattlerainer

@ # 9- Carolina Panthers don't play in North Carolina anymore?

Old 10-31-2009, 04:22 PM

114 posts, read 177,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerainer View Post
1. Louisville
2. Portland
3. OKC or Tulsa
4. San Antonio
6. Salt Lake City
7. Albuqurque
8. Omaha

seattlerainer

Hey! Where the f*** is Toronto!? you know it's not the AFL is the's NFL and last time I checked N meant National. Besides Buffalo Bills suck move them to Toronto. Toronto can support it we play NFL games here anyways and we're the 4th biggest media area in North America and 5th or 7th biggest city.. ><

I disagree. no Toronto no NFL! Now I must drink myself smart.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:32 PM

114 posts, read 177,510 times
NFL Teams:

1. Toronto, Ontario
2. Montreal, Quebec
3. Don't care
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/!!!!
Damnit!

Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM

16,133 posts, read 20,812,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
In terms of its size, reminding people that in size Texas is the biggest state in the lower 48, and with population they rank 3rd in the U.S. Last time I looked, they are well over 17,000,000 in population.

One BIG thing San Antonio has going for it, other than having a stadium there already, is that their economy is a LOT better than other parts of the country. This is just my 2 cents, but IMO when the NFL wants to expand they want to take a good look at the city itself. What makes the city tick job wise, economy wise? What is their projections on those subjects a few years from now? I think it will be three years before an expansion club gets in, basically because of the economy in general.
Wow, that's half as many people as California. The league has too many teams now.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 PM

27 posts, read 17,379 times
Portland for sure. Portland only has one pro team (Blazers), we need at least one more. With a metro population of 2,159,720 I think an NFL team would be great in Portland. There's some cities with way less population than that and lots of nearby teams (Jacksonville and Buffalo are just two examples. Also SF and Oakland are what, 8 miles away? Come on...). Also there's not many teams on the west half of the US, this would even things out a bit. I mean come on, this is not even at all:

Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,298,316 times
Default You Would Need 8 Teams To Properly Balance The League.....

1. Toronto Canada.....the only team in Canada that can support NFL
2.NFL team half way between Tulsa and Oklahoma City
3.Sacramento CA
4.Portland
5.Columbus Ohio
6.Anaheim CA....or Long Beach
7.Milwaukee
8.Louisville KY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or