U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 PM

266 posts, read 1,222,090 times

Advertisements

Every once in awhile, the papers in Albuquerque like to taunt the public with prospects of the city getting a new pro-team (At one point not long ago, the Albuquerque Journal speculated that the Arizona Cardinals were considering a move to ABQ - apparently choosing to ignore the fact that Glendale, AZ had just broken ground for the new Cardinals Stadium). I think it will still be awhile before New Mexico gets a pro team, which is too bad because there are a lot of die-hard sports fans here. But hey, Isotopes games are fun, and the stadium is great, (anyone else miss the Dukes, though?). Lobos sports events are fun too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 09:31 PM

554 posts, read 2,282,061 times
I think every state should have one major football team

Old 12-23-2006, 04:29 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,249 posts, read 19,217,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I think every state should have one major football team
Really? You think every state should have a team? I'm not trying to offend you or make a new enemy when I ask you that, but seriously, do you think states like North Dakota, Montana, and Wyomming should have teams? If anything, they're the places that should have minor leauge sports teams before ever even thinking about an NFL squad. I hope anyone from those states aren't mad that I posted that, but I can't think about an NFL team called the Wyomming Whatevers.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:04 PM

26 posts, read 189,311 times
Chalk up another vote for Fargo. But since it'll almost always be frozen over during football season, I propose making it a permanent 120-yard ice rink, and all games in that stadium should be played on ice skates, eh? You betcha!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM

6,240 posts, read 15,468,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
Additionally, every city above (with the possible exception of LA) would need to build a new stadium to house a franchise. This is a pill many municipalities simply won't swallow.
Chap
Dont make L.A. an exception! Believe me, no team is going to come here unless there's a brand new stadium with beautiful box seats, etc. I've lived in L.A. all of my life, and I don't miss having an NFL team here. It may be a long time before L.A. gets another team, if ever. Unless Gov. Scharzenegger is willing to finance the new stadium out of his pocket, I don't want one. There are too many other major problems in this city to even think of spending public money on something so frivolous! Just my two cents...

Old 01-15-2007, 02:33 AM

354 posts, read 776,103 times
As it stands right now, College football (and athletics) reigns as king in L.A. The SC-UCLA rivalry is perhaps unmatched in all of the NCAA. While having an NFL franchise would provide incentives for the already strong high school and college football arenas, I think it would take away from their respective excitement. If to preserve the status quo, I could see Disney/Anaheim working on a franchise in the next 10 years for Orange County. That way, its still within the L.A. market but is only a stone's throw from Disneyland, Angel Stadium, Anaheim Pond, Downtown Disney, and the highly anticipated "Platinum Triangle".

Old 01-15-2007, 07:10 PM

154 posts, read 642,845 times
tuscon, AZ and birmingham, AL.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM

23,661 posts, read 33,511,402 times
Default my picks

1. Norfolk/VA Beach, VA
2. Birmingham
3. Louisville
4. Memphis
5. Oklahoma City
6. Portland
7. Vancouver
8. Toronto

Old 01-15-2007, 08:57 PM

75 posts, read 415,256 times
I think Oakland could use a team...

Old 01-15-2007, 09:01 PM

6,240 posts, read 15,468,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv41 View Post
I think Oakland could use a team...
LOL!!! Very good! Thank you for the chuckle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or