U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 PM

151 posts, read 107,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I don't think Dallas deserves an NBA team but they got one. I think you guys got lucky with Cuban otherwise that team was likely going to move since no one in Dallas cared about that team since it's a football town
Dallas has over 6 million people in their metro area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Dallas and Ft. Worth will always be the same city to me but I give you props because I think it's cool that you are standing up for your city and not claiming Dallas because its near you. Yeah, I know Dallas is big but I still don't think it's a basketball town. I lived there fore 3 years and no one even talked basketball or the NBA there prior to Cuban. Football, hockey and baseball were big there but not basketball. OKC didn't steal the Sonics. Seattle had their chance and were too cheap to pony up money for a new stadium. Every city does that now so why didn't Seattle. It's not like they did everything they could to keep the Sonics. They were being cheap a$$es and they lost their team. It's as simple as that. They have no room to whine. OKC did what Seattle wouldn't, provide a stadium
The bold is so true. I don't know why some people think otherwise.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:52 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,421,659 times
that abberation in OKC can burn - they are merely the seattle sloppy seconds and with dirtbags like clay bennett in charge it's only a matter of time before they pull a Shinn and kill their own futures

Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM

10,720 posts, read 17,436,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp83 View Post
Dallas has over 6 million people in their metro area
LA has twice that number and still doesn't have an NFL team and I don't think they deserve one either

Last edited by azriverfan.; 01-15-2010 at 10:38 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I still say the Thunder should be back in Seattle, but what's done is done.

And ever since I've been alive, I've never known anyone in the Metroplex that talked more about the Stars and Rangers over the Mavericks.... even with the hockey team winning a championship before the two.
When I was there, the Stars were trendy and the Mavs were an embarrassment especially when the Cowboys won more games than them one season. If by talking you mean ripping on them then yeah

Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
that abberation in OKC can burn - they are merely the seattle sloppy seconds and with dirtbags like clay bennett in charge it's only a matter of time before they pull a Shinn and kill their own futures
Well guess what pal, a lot of cities can make that sloppy seconds claim with regard to pro teams particularly all these NHL teams in the U.S. Seattle fans are sad. Talk about sour grapes. No one stole the Sonics from you. You guys had a choice. You could have built a new stadium and kept the team or do nothing and lose it. You chose the latter. Be upset at yourselves, it's your fault that they're gone. Next time, don't be such cheap a$$es. I hope that team does well just to remind Seattle for their colossal mistake in being cheap. A city as rich as Seattle has no excuse not to build their Sonics a stadium.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
LA has twice that number and still doesn't have an NFL team and I don't think they deserve one either
I do.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp83 View Post
The bold is so true. I don't know why some people think otherwise.
Because it's not true, that's why.

The only reason why people think that is because alot of you are completley ignorant of the DFW area and the rivalry the cities have had since the mid-1800's.

It's somewhat insulting for you to say Dallas and Fort Worth are the same. The two cities are almost night and day....

Old 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,421,659 times
Quote:
Well guess what pal, a lot of cities can make that sloppy seconds claim with regard to pro teams particularly all these NHL teams in the U.S. Seattle fans are sad. Talk about sour grapes. No one stole the Sonics from you. You guys had a choice. You could have built a new stadium and kept the team or do nothing and lose it. You chose the latter. Be upset at yourselves, it's your fault that they're gone. Next time, don't be such cheap a$$es. I hope that team does well just to remind Seattle for their colossal mistake in being cheap. A city as rich as Seattle has no excuse not to build their Sonics a stadium.
you are not only wrong - you are so far out of your depth in this arguement that it isn't even funny

i don't necessarily want to rehash a 2 year old debate - but if you think that is what happened then nothing could be further from the truth

this is just another example of david stern running this league into the ground and it also underscores the importance of ownership in franchises

Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 PM

191 posts, read 230,451 times
San Antonio and Los Angeles are the two main ones I can think of. It would never happen but I think it would be interesting to see NFL teams in Boise ID, Albuquerque NM, or Vancouver Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or