U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,859,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
NJ doesn't even have a major league baseball team, either.
Uhhhh...North Jersey where the Giants and Jets play is the NYC metro. You can see the Manhattan skyline from the Meadowlands. Its not like they're playing in Atlantic City.

Who cares about the population of LA....they don't care about football there. They didn't support the teams they had. LA is a horrible sports town. They're more concerned with which Hollyweird actor had plastic surgery this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,196,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:

1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?
None of those cities deserve a team. The league is perfect at 32 teams. Send the raiders back to LA, let the Bills play 3 games in Toronto and its great.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:07 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,196,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
I live in Portland and I don't want an NFL team here.. Major leauge sports are a PITA and a drain on the economy, they create a traffic nightmare. I am all in favor of an Oregon team somewhere like Bend or maybe a team in Vancouver WA on the far side of Clark county. Basically someplace I don't go, where my tax money won't be used to subsidize some one elses profit.

So long as we have problms with homelessness, and our public schools I will never vote for any public money to be spent on a sports team or the stadium, or their traffic needs, parking garages, increased needs for law-enforcement.

Portland isn't a sports town the way Chicago, NYC or Baltimore... the best we can do is the "Jailblazers"... and that just barely.
You gotta love these kinds of people.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,792,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuCoop21 View Post
Shoot--why not Boise, ID? California & Texas should not even be considered for another sports team until other places have been given a chance, IMO.
What? Texas has only 2 for the 6-7 major cities it has.

What about NYC having 2? The state of New York has 3 in total.

Florida has 3 also (Jaguars, Dolphins, and Buccaneers)

California has 3 too (49ers, Chargers, and Raiders)

I think another one in Texas would be okay, but at the same time pointless, 70% of the state is for the Cowboys and 30% for the Texans. Another team would barely get any statewide support, and if it's SA then barely any city support. ATX would be a good candidate, but college football is bigger there and will always be bigger there than NFL ever could be. El Paso and Fort Worth might be options, but the Cowboys play in Arlington, the main suburb of Fort Worth.
El Paso wouldn't have much of a fan base.

Louisville, and Portland would be good options too.

Last edited by DANNYY; 04-08-2010 at 06:02 PM..

Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 AM

927 posts, read 1,209,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
What? Texas has only 2 for the 6-7 major cities it has.

What about NYC having 2? The state of New York has 3 in total.

Florida has 3 also (Jaguars, Dolphins, and Buccaneers)

California has 3 too (49ers, Chargers, and Raiders)

I think another one in Texas would be okay, but at the same time pointless, 70% of the state is for the Cowboys and 30% for the Texans. Another team would barely get any statewide support, and if it's SA then barely any city support. ATX would be a good candidate, but college football is bigger there and will always be bigger there than NFL ever could be. El Paso and Fort Worth might be options, but the Cowboys play in Arlington, the main suburb of Fort Worth.
El Paso wouldn't have much of a fan base.

Louisville, and Portland would be good options too.
You're wrong on San Antonio. Take it from me the San Antonio market would love to have its own NFL team to support. I like many others here are sick to death of the Dallas Cowboys ruling this market and would like nothing better than to have an actual local franchise to support through thick and thin. Just like we do with the Spurs.

The only reason why it is 70/30 Cowboys and Texans fans is precisely because there is no other alternative. Especially in South Texas. I see the Jaguars or Vikings moving to San Antonio in the near future. Or possibly the Chargers who will be moving within 24 months.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM

497 posts, read 395,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm just curious, but if your interested, would you give me a list of cities that should have NFL teams in order from most deserving to least? Here's mine:

1. San Antonio
2. L.A.
3. Las Vegas
4. (the only non-American city that actually deserves one) Toronto
5. Columbus, OH
6. Austin
7. Louisville,KY
8. Orlando, FL
9. Portland, OR
10. Oklahoma City
11. any other American towns without one.
What do you think?
12.Birmingham

Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM

1. Birmingham
2. Hartford,CT
3. Anchorage
4.Portland
5. Salt Lake City

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM

WHY ARE EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT GREEN BAY? Green Bay earn their team and the nation love it, so do the NFL!!!! Forget population but GB got 100,000!!!! Oh by the way i'm from BIRMINGHAM but we're always in the discussions of expansion within the Nfl.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJohn View Post
How about the Casper Ghosts?
That's Hot!!! And the NFL in Wyoming would be great!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJohn View Post
How about the Casper Ghosts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsky1 View Post
@ # 9- Carolina Panthers don't play in North Carolina anymore?
Okay where do the Panthers play then>?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or