U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 08:47 AM

20,928 posts, read 39,254,981 times

Advertisements

HH, et al, this is a tough one. I was thinking about it the other night, but in the context of from which current NFL cities could a team be taken for moving to another location. IMO, many old-line teams are sacrosanct and cannot be moved. But in my mind it leaves open the door to relocating the Jaguars, Panthers, and Buccaneers. First city to get a relocated team ought to be Los Angeles due to it's sheer size.

I'd move the Panthers from NFC South to the L.A. area, put them in the NFC West, and I'd backfill the NFC South by moving the St Louis Rams from the NFC West to the NFC South.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:43 PM

9,473 posts, read 12,341,086 times
Default Reward The San Antonio Area..................

Reward the San Antonio area with a team for hosting the New Orleans
Saints during the aftermast of Hurricane Katrina , and
place one in Vancouver and Toronto Canada and one for Los
Angeles would make that (4) added teams to the NFL a perfect
match for the league.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM

17 posts, read 14,974 times
i think louisville should have a team 100% they could support it.i also think that the NFL will not go international and if they did they would have to change the name to the international football leage plus england and some other countrys i think have rugby.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:21 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,552,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green bay packers guy View Post
i think louisville should have a team 100% they could support it.i also think that the NFL will not go international and if they did they would have to change the name to the international football leage plus england and some other countrys i think have rugby.
They can keep the name, NBA and NHL have teams in Canada.

I think Toronto are going to get the bills soon. They already some games there every year and Buffalo is a small market compared to toronto.

LA will get a team eventually, do I know which one...no but they will have one soon.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:03 PM

canada already has a football league and toronto has a team.LA built a new stadiom that looks awsome

Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
We already have too many teams, in my opinion. I think there is quite a drain on the existing talent pool, as there is even more back-end roster filler now than there was in the 70s and 80s. Besides, we have enough teams with QBs who can't play

However, to play along, I would move a team. I'd take the Raiders and move them to Portland, although since they have the Blazers they probably don't need another team with an outlaw image

Austin is Longhorn country. I think a pro team would flop there.

LA had 2 teams and couldn't keep either one, and there doesn't seem to be a big demand for another team.

San Antonio would oversaturate Texas (as would Austin).

The NFL will never put a team in Vegas with the sports betting there.

Columbus is Ohio St. territory, and 2 teams for Ohio is enough.

Toronto would be a serious consideration if the NFL wanted to go international.

I don't think Louisville is a big enough market, especially with Cincinnati relatively close by.

Orlando? Maybe if you moved the Jaguars there.

Oklahoma City? I dunno. Oklahoma is college land too.
louisville deserves a NFL team they are big enough i live in bowling green i would try to go see them. this is on first page

Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
First off, I'm glad y'all looked at this. I'm new so I'm glad I got some responses.
Now, I put San Antonio at #1 because they built the Alamodome just for an NFL franchise, San Antonio is one of the largest cities in the country but it only has the Spurs and SilverStars (they don't even have Division I-A school), and I'm from Texas, so of course I'll include our cities.
Personally, I'm glad that LA doesn't have one--and I'm not the only person who thinks so. I know a guy from Los Angeles who says that "LA doesn't need a team, we cheer for the Raiders, an we got USC."
The other cities (except Toronto), I just slapped on there. I would have put my home town, Fort Worth on there, but as long as the Dallas Cowboys (and satan himself, Jerry Jones) exists, we'll never get a team. But I'm ok with that.
Let's face it, the NFL is the most popular pro sports league in the country and it will expand sooner or later. The possibilities are there, let's see what happens.
san antonio would put to many teams in texas flordia new york and california already have to many teams louisville needs!!! a team but until then i hope the packers win the super bowl

Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,818,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green bay packers guy View Post
louisville deserves a NFL team they are big enough i live in bowling green i would try to go see them. this is on first page
Too close to both Cincinnati and Indianapolis, plus a Louisville team could cut into the Titans' base in southern KY. No way the owners of those three teams allow it to happen. Fuhgeddaboutit.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM

15,770 posts, read 26,835,646 times
we hope to get one in LA soon. The plan is to build a stadium next to the Staples Center. Maybe we do have plenty of teams in California but none in LA. We do have the USC Trojans but are kind of out of contention for the next few years due to a few problems. LOL

Old 01-28-2011, 03:40 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,573,779 times
I think the NFL should turn to its roots, and start looking away from the big markets. Bring the game back to its fans around the country. Did you know that the original league actually had not one, but TWO teams in Wisconsin? In addition to Green Bay, there was a club based in Sheboygan.

That's the sort of thing I think they should consider. Forget about L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or