U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 02:42 PM

892 posts, read 2,121,142 times

Advertisements

LOS ANGELES for one....!!!

i still cant believe

new york city doesnt have one....neither does the city of dallas.......

orlando could support one for sure....

hell give LA two teams, it'd work if they didnt move from another city.

i dont think going across the pond is a good idea just because of the money involved that they'd have to use to retool a soccer stadium let alone build a football only one.

canada yes....but we see how well it worked for the nba...so idk.......

and uh.....CANTON,OHIO please? its the cradle of pro football.

hershey/harrisburg...... monroeville,pa? lol

columbus,ohio....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,088,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
LOS ANGELES for one....!!! Why? They couldn't support the 2 teams that they had. Perhaps if they started from scratch, and it wasn't someone elses hand me down, where they had their own identity? Perhaps then they would be successful.

i still cant believe

new york city doesnt have one....neither does the city of dallas....... Technically you would be correct. However; you also have to include the Miami Dolphins (Sunlife Stadium is actually in Miami Gardens) and the Buffalo Bills (they play in Orchard Park, NY 20 miles south of Buffalo).

orlando could support one for sure.... Florida has a hard enough time supporting 3 teams. Miami and Tampa do OK with the Dolphins, and Bucanneers respectively, but Jax can't seem to get the support. In fact, they may be the team that does end up going to LA.

hell give LA two teams, it'd work if they didnt move from another city. If LA was granted expansion teams, perhaps it would be successful. However; I don't think the NFL has any plans to expand again in the near future.

i dont think going across the pond is a good idea just because of the money involved that they'd have to use to retool a soccer stadium let alone build a football only one. Have to agree here.

canada yes....but we see how well it worked for the nba...so idk....... I think Toronto would be able to support an NFL team. That's about it. But which team is going to relocate? Again, I don't think there will be expansion in the NFL any time soon!

and uh.....CANTON,OHIO please? its the cradle of pro football. You have the Cleveland Browns an hour down the road. They already have the Akron/Canton Market.

hershey/harrisburg...... monroeville,pa? lol Too small.

columbus,ohio.... Columbus has the Ohio State Buckeyes, not to mention they are split between the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals, and unfortunately also have a sizeable fanbase for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Despite Columbus proper being the largest city (not metro area) in Ohio, I think the situation would be similar to what is happening in Florida. 3 teams, not enough support.

See above.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:35 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,084 times
Quote:
i still cant believe

new york city doesnt have one....neither does the city of dallas.......

These are just ridiculous statements... Who cares if the stadiums are not in the actual city?

It's a waste of a huge amount of space and parking that the city could use for something more important. They can put the stadiums in the boonies all they want...

The teams are still Dallas and NY!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,088,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
These are just ridiculous statements... Who cares if the stadiums are not in the actual city?

It's a waste of a huge amount of space and parking that the city could use for something more important. They can put the stadiums in the boonies all they want...

Yeah but it does p*** off Giants and Jets fans when you tell them that the Buffalo Bills are New York state's only football team! LOL!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM

21,207 posts, read 30,427,905 times
Quote:

orlando could support one for sure....
Orlando can barely support the minor league teams it still has...

Old 08-30-2012, 10:59 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,249 posts, read 19,197,436 times
I just want to let you people know something.... the top 3 teams in the running of moving (back) to L.A.:

- Rams
- Chargers
- Raiders.

The Jaguars are NOT going to L.A. And if they ever do, it won't be within the next 20 years.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

..... do we really need to go there?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
I just hope that a team does not move to LA, I hate when teams move and abandon their existing fans. Football has failed in LA twice, I would hate to see an established team relocate there. I'm really hoping the Chargers don't abandon San Diego.

If LA is to get a team, I guess the Raiders would be the best fit though...they don't get great support in Oakland, they do have a fanbase in LA, and were already there.
San Diego started out in L.A. and part of L.A.'s fan base are Charger fans....... so......

Old 09-01-2012, 10:11 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
San Diego started out in L.A. and part of L.A.'s fan base are Charger fans....... so......
The Chargers need to bolt from California altogether. The state is virtually broke and so is San Diego for the purposes of funding the contruction of a new stadium. Becoming the third team in booming Texas is what they should do so they can quit begging and pleading for a new building where they are now. I've got San Antonio in mind for a good relocation spot.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
The Chargers need to bolt from California altogether. The state is virtually broke and so is San Diego for the purposes of funding the contruction of a new stadium. Becoming the third team in booming Texas is what they should do so they can quit begging and pleading for a new building where they are now. I've got San Antonio in mind for a good relocation spot.
I'm sorry, but that's not happenin', man.

The Alamodome is old as dirt and outdated by a mile now. Unless they go with a full overhaul, but I'm not sure how that would go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or