Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 02:09 PM

117 posts, read 518,138 times

Advertisements

I think Louisville would be a great pro sports town, given its #1 rank in minor league baseball and Arena Football II attendance. The Louisville Cardinals have also ranked 4th in men's basketball attendance the past 25 years

I think baseball would be a natural fit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,337,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Aspie View Post
I think Louisville would be a great pro sports town, given its #1 rank in minor league baseball and Arena Football II attendance. The Louisville Cardinals have also ranked 4th in men's basketball attendance the past 25 years

I think baseball would be a natural fit
When you're talking about ranking in AAA, are you talking standings or attendance? Because Sacramento has been leading the past couple of years, irrc.

Edit: rankings here Ballpark Digest -- 2006 Attendance by Average -- Affiliated (http://www.ballparkwatch.com/features/attendance_by_average_affiliated_2006.html - broken link)

Last edited by Kabluey; 06-18-2007 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: add source of rankings

Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Louisville getting a team? Makes sense. Then I see someone post that they might be fought against because Cincy is so close.

Indianapolis is pretty close to the same distance from Cincy as Louisville is.

I don't think the the distance from Cincy would be the problem, I think the problem would be you are sticking 3 pro football teams in a triangle of an hour and a half driving distance to each one.

Omaha makes a lot of sense as it has a viable population and with Lincoln and Des Moines not to far from them.

Salt Lake City made sense until I saw that post about the don't play sports on Sundays. That kind of ruins there chances I would think. I don't know how true this is though. Can anyone provide info on if the Jazz ever play a home game on Sunday? Maybe they don't, I'm not sure.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
The Superbowl XL Champions Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to move to Vegas it the next decade, being that The City of Pittsburgh is losing over 50,000 people a year. However the 300,000+ that are left in Pittsburgh would probably disagree with this. The only reason the team hasnt left yet, is the impact on the community, the history the team has presented Pittsburgh with, and the strong, loyal, healthy fan base. GO Steelers
I'm not a Steelers fan, but to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh would be like moving the Packers out of Green Bay or the Dolphins out of Miami. It would be blasphemous, blasphemous I tell you!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,850 times
or the ravens out of baltimore i think

Old 06-28-2007, 09:32 AM

262 posts, read 299,729 times
Even though Hartford ct is close to boston and NY i think it could handle a team hartfords population is only abt 125000 but it has a metro population of about 1.2 million

Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 AM

523 posts, read 494,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
San Antonio needs a football team badley....im tired of hearing of the dallas cowboys everytime spring ball starts....hell i dont live in dallas...and oversaturating a state is unheard of....look at baseball...some cities have 2 teams! ! so we can handle 3 teams in 3 different cities

They had their first major pro football team, The CFL Texans, but the fans made them fold. I remember going to a NFL exhibiton game in the Dome, Cowboys and Oilers. The game was played on the same day the Texans were playing in Memphis against the Maddogs. What was the mayor Wolfe thinking? He could have moved the game to a friday so i have time to listen to the Texans.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:31 PM

10 posts, read 29,618 times
I wouldnt categorize any CFL team as professional football. Although I agree, San Antonio deserves a team. I think their major hurtle is funding for a stadium. I think they could handle a MLB team too. The real question is, can we get em an NHL team in addition to everything else...paaaahhhleeeeaaassseeee?

Old 07-08-2007, 05:25 PM

325 posts, read 1,076,935 times
I know it would be a long way to travel but what about Honolulu......They get a great turnout for the pro bowl every year.

I was also thinking of some southern cities......

Birmingham or Mobile AL
Biloxi MS

Old 07-08-2007, 05:29 PM

325 posts, read 1,076,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm not a Steelers fan, but to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh would be like moving the Packers out of Green Bay or the Dolphins out of Miami. It would be blasphemous, blasphemous I tell you!
Isn't this the truth......I almost had a heart failure upon reading the previous post......The Steeler nation would be in such a level of shock I dont think any of us could function.....
Pittsburgh is among a few cities that could probably fill a 100,000 ppl stadium every sunday year after year......The folks in Green Bay, DC, and Kansas City would give us a run for our money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football