U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 10:25 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,311,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post

Good luck Cardinal fans. Still waiting for that first SB Championship, are we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,618,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The Chargers seem to be homeless. Orphans without a home. San Diego didn't do much to keep them, and LA isn't doing much to support them.
Agree...Their stadium in LA seats 27K and only 21K shown up for the Seahawk game and a lot of those were Seattle fans. Toward the end of the game it looked like most of the Charger fans left, leaving only Seattle fans. I don't know if any franchise can survive with that kind of attendance even with a full house for three years.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:24 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,148,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Good luck Cardinal fans. Still waiting for that first SB Championship, are we?
Thanks. It may NEVER happen, but we'll keep on underachieving to the best of our abilities, eh?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 PM

7,260 posts, read 8,261,595 times
I don't have a favorite team per say, and I've been listening to the NFL on FOX theme on a loop while doing things around the house.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to having something to watch on Sunday Afternoons, maybe helping out a local business by going to a sports bar . It's been rainy here just about every day this Summer and I kind of wish the season was already underway as I'm not going outside during a thunderstorm

Old 08-16-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I don't have a favorite team per say, and I've been listening to the NFL on FOX theme on a loop while doing things around the house.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to having something to watch on Sunday Afternoons, maybe helping out a local business by going to a sports bar . It's been rainy here just about every day this Summer and I kind of wish the season was already underway as I'm not going outside during a thunderstorm
Be careful. Once you become addicted to this sport, you may be hooked for life.

The NFL (and college) has done that to many of us on here. We have to learn that during the off-season we're basically in withdrawal, because we're pining for our sport while having to watch re-runs of I Love Lucy...

Old 08-17-2017, 09:20 PM

9,431 posts, read 17,460,099 times
I was all set for listening to some Jay Cutler on the tube. Now we've gotta watch him for another year on the field!

It wouldn't surprise if he does well.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:08 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,311,424 times
If my team *Bucs starts getting cute about disrespecting OUR FLAG and/or OUR MILITARY, I'll sell or eat my season tickets and vow never to buy them again. I can find something else to do w/ my Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays and not watch the networks either.

This is what the Brown's fans (VFW) are doing.....

Old 08-25-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I was all set for listening to some Jay Cutler on the tube. Now we've gotta watch him for another year on the field!

It wouldn't surprise if he does well.
Time will tell, but Cutler may very well get a second wind under Adam Gase.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:52 AM

72,237 posts, read 83,947,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If my team *Bucs starts getting cute about disrespecting OUR FLAG and/or OUR MILITARY, I'll sell or eat my season tickets and vow never to buy them again. I can find something else to do w/ my Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays and not watch the networks either.

This is what the Brown's fans (VFW) are doing.....
Interesting, our younger daughter, an avid sports fan especially football says she will not watch NFL this season. I think she will buckle but I know she will not, nor will her husband watch the Browns, or the Seahawks. I will probably join her unless the Redskins or the Rams are playing one to those teams.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:11 PM

8,900 posts, read 7,772,590 times
I've pretty much lost my interest in the NFL. Way too many commercials, games too long,too many replays, weird rules, bad referees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or