U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 02:12 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,263,977 times

Advertisements

I am going to have to agree with Everwinter on the Packers. Best case, they'll go 12-4 if the defense can stop giving up the big pass plays. If they do, the baseline is 10-6. That's what their record was last year and worst case is 8-8 but they'll keep making the playoffs until Aaron Rodgers retires but that hasn't happened since 2008, so Go Pack Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 02:54 PM

23,653 posts, read 33,467,179 times
Carolina Panthers

Best case: 10-6 (wild card berth)
Worst case: 7-9
Honest expectation: 9-7 (barely miss the playoffs)

The NFC South will be tough this year. I think all four teams could go deep in the playoffs if they find a way there. Carolina doesn't have the Super Bowl hangover anymore and addressed their weak spots in the off-season. Atlanta is ripe for a SB hangover but I still expect them to give us trouble. NO and TB will both be difficult. Cam should rebound with the new help on offense and have an pretty average year which with the run game strong should push Carolina over .500.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:06 PM

833 posts, read 956,852 times
Rams

Best case: 11-5 The Rams clinch the final wild card spot on the last game against the 49ers. This after 3 touchdowns by Gurley whilst talk about comeback player of the year. The passing game is vastly improved. There is also serious talk about Aaron Donald being considered for NFL MVP.

Worst case: 5-11 The Rams improve from last years record on the last game of the season against the 49ers. And probably saves McVays job. The owner will throw the hammer down calling for significant changes including the GM.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:52 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,574,293 times
Washington Redskins -

Best case - 11-5

Worst case - 6-10

NFC East is going to be tough this year, and the skins having to play the AFC West and NFC West is brutal. Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Seahawks, Arizona. We lost djax and Garcon, and while I'm excited about their replacements Pryor and Doctson, you have to wonder if the chemistry is there with Cousins. I'm hoping Perine works out and I like Kelley, but we don't really have a stud in the backfield. Jordan Reed is one of the best tight ends in football. But can he stay healthy?

Our defense was one of the worst in the NFL last year. While I'm excited about all the changes we've made on D, I can only hope that they are better this year.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:04 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,501,201 times
Ravens: I think somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 is a good estimate for them. Tucker is good enough to give them 3 or 4 wins they wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but the team itself isn't good enough for a division title. Possibly a second Wildcard if everything breaks right, but they don't look like a Super Bowl contender.

Texans: 10-6 and 13-3 is a good estimate for them too. Questions to how Watt plays after injuries from last year, QB play, and the injury to Fuller is a "worst case" scenario to the low end of the totem pole, but they still look to be the best team in the division and I think will still wind up winning it....even if it is at 10-6.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:16 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,979,660 times
MY FINZ
Well, I don't have high hoops to jump through this time. My son pointed out that the team operates like a hodgepdge of players who get together on Sunday with no goal gameplan or idea of what they are doing. I blame ownership on down the line for that.
Fact: The Offensive line is a patchwork quilt that is hed together by thin threads. It ahas been that way for a long time. Clearly, no one in the organization got the memo that teams with solid offensive lines have solid offensies, regardless of WHO the QB is.......Even Joe Montana or Johnny U could not have passed for as many yards had they been scrambling and ended up on the ground most of the time !
Fact: The defense whould be better, and defense can win games, but there is still no depth and a high reliance on rookies to step up and play like pros.

Opinion: The record will be 6-10 Ross will get impatient again, fire the GM and Gase, hire some one new who will come in and throw spaghetti on the wall and see if any of it sticks.

Fact: I will still wear my FINZ clothes most weeks, make a trip to Miami and see a game all the while wishing that the team could knock off the Evil Patriots.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 08-11-2017 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: s

Old 08-11-2017, 01:56 PM

21,357 posts, read 21,922,845 times
3 DUIs
2 Disorderly Conducts
2 Possession of a Controlled Substance
1 Resisting Arrest

Old 08-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Status: "Phillies baseball is MLB dysentery." (set 3 days ago)

1,240 posts, read 584,961 times
I think the Falcons will be 12-4 or 13-3. I think ATL will drill the teams that they suppossed to like 3/4 of the AFC East and 3/4 of the NFC North. 6 wins already. I'm confident that the Falcons can beat Green Bay, Dallas, and Seattle home or away this year. 9 wins. Divisional games? I think ATL will go 2-0 against New Orleans (highscorings of course), and split with Carolina and Tampa. 13-2 right now. I think ATL goes up to New England and play flat uninspired ball and get blown out for Atlanta's first L of the season. (I won't be mad if that happens, a victory would be no injuries...plus this is all part of Quinn's strategy, LOL).

Old 08-11-2017, 06:51 PM

4,986 posts, read 11,064,056 times
Pats will go 14-2

Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Great replies, everyone. It's hard to argue with the logic for any of these teams, even though we all know some of us will inevitably miss wide right on our predictions for our teams.

There are some teams outside of the Broncos that I'd like to see have good seasons.

I live in the Redskins market and while I thank God on a near daily basis that I'm not a Redskins fan (watching that team fumble through the Cousins situation has been painful) I still find them an easy team to root for while living here. They've lost some pieces on offense but may be able to offset those with Pryor and an improved ground game. Couple that with what will hopefully be an improved defense and even though it's a tough division I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10-6 finish out of this team.

The Arizona Cardinals are another team I'd like to see have a rebound season. Kurt Warner toward the end of his career took this team on a surprising Super Bowl run where they fell just short of winning. I think Carson Palmer backed by a solid defense can do something similar in the twilight of his career. It's not inconceivable the Cardinals can win their division, either. While the Seahawks still look solid, and both the Rams and 49ers still have some pieces on defense, the Cardinals have a complete roster that if it all comes together is capable of an 11-5 or so finish.

Another team I'm really curious to see this year is the Cleveland Browns. It's easy to write them off because they're the Browns, but for the first time in a long time they're run by a guy who seems to have a sound plan on how to build the team combined with a guy I think is going to prove himself to be a great HC for them. The problem is it's not going to all click this year. I think what makes this Browns team different is Hue Jackson is probably not on the hot seat after this season. I think the Browns can go 4-12 or 5-11 and it would be considered a significant step in the right direction. And without the bi-annual overhaul of GM and coaching staff maybe the Browns will actually be able to build on it this time around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or