U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:35 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times

Advertisements

Iknow, great post! I like reading about other teams, not a new age fan who hates everything about other teams! I don't even hate the Bears, Lions and Vikings, actually I want the North to be competitive.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Falcons and Cowboys, can they keep the momentum going? Seahawks, too as they didn't look as good as they have in the past. How about the Giants, what will they do?

I wonder about Steelers, how long will Big Ben go and is he still at the top of his game?

So many questions and in less than a month, we will start to see some answers! Thanks for this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 07:34 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,633 times
I honestly have know idea where the Bills will finish. History says 7-9 is a good bet. But we have so many new starters on each side of the ball along with a new offensive scheme and defensive scheme it's impossible to know. On paper the schedule is tougher than last year. But also, last year the Bills managed to get swept by the Jets and Dolphins and split the Patriots. We probably don't luck out and split with the Pats again but we likely reverse course on the Jets and sweep them going off of everyone's predictions for the Jets this year and I could see us very easily splitting with Miami. So that is 3-3 in the division a two game improvement from 2016. I am going to say the Bills go 3-7 in their games outside the division for a 6-10 finish.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:41 AM

9,421 posts, read 17,417,313 times
Broncos -- I see a very slightly improved offense and a defense that struggles to stay the course, both mainly due to a new coaching staff. I expect them to go 10-6, but that could swing a couple games either way depending on how the Raiders and Chiefs do this year. Any of those three could go all the way to the Super Bowl... or not make the playoffs. Being a Bronco fan I've gotta pick them to make the deep run into the playoffs, but my confidence in them isn't what it was during the Manning years.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:41 PM

2,766 posts, read 2,376,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

Once the season is over we'll dust this thread off and laugh at how far off all of our predictions are!
Please do!

Old 08-12-2017, 04:55 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times
Quote:
Once the season is over we'll dust this thread off and laugh at how far off all of our predictions are!
Quote:
Great replies, everyone. It's hard to argue with the logic for any of these teams, even though we all know some of us will inevitably miss wide right on our predictions for our teams.

The Arizona Cardinals are another team I'd like to see have a rebound season. Kurt Warner toward the end of his career took this team on a surprising Super Bowl run where they fell just short of winning. I think Carson Palmer backed by a solid defense can do something similar in the twilight of his career. It's not inconceivable the Cardinals can win their division, either. While the Seahawks still look solid, and both the Rams and 49ers still have some pieces on defense, the Cardinals have a complete roster that if it all comes together is capable of an 11-5 or so finish.
Yessir, Mr Football.

This homer is feeling optimistic. Of course, I'm crazy optimistic every year!

Old 08-12-2017, 07:44 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,692,668 times
Barring another big injury Pack goes somewhere between 13-3 and 11-5.
Atl on the road will be tough, Pit on the road also a tough one, and I think Carolina comes back strong this year.
Dallas could be a tough game too.

If the run game comes in strong and the new dbs do well pack will win the nfc.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:19 AM

10,701 posts, read 11,108,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Broncos -- I see a very slightly improved offense and a defense that struggles to stay the course, both mainly due to a new coaching staff. I expect them to go 10-6, but that could swing a couple games either way depending on how the Raiders and Chiefs do this year. Any of those three could go all the way to the Super Bowl... or not make the playoffs. Being a Bronco fan I've gotta pick them to make the deep run into the playoffs, but my confidence in them isn't what it was during the Manning years.
10-6 would be a good finish for the Broncos and most years is good enough for a playoff berth. That would be great for this team with its coaching overhaul and more specifically the remake on offense they're undergoing. They can't let the Chiefs sweep them again, though. They need to split with each of the AFC West teams at minimum, and maybe steal a sweep of one of them to really solidify their chances. I don't see the Raiders or Chiefs repeating a 12-4 finish, so 10-6 in the right combination of wins/losses may be good enough to take the division.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:45 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,244,921 times
Bucs 9-7

Old 08-25-2017, 12:30 PM

10,701 posts, read 11,108,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Bucs 9-7
Do you think 9-7 would be a letdown after reaching 9-7 last year? There was room for improvement on both sides of the ball but this is a team with some bright spots and they may just be able to progress forward. The Bucs are one of those teams that can be fun to watch (if you can get past the uniforms) and may be pushing for a playoff spot come the later weeks of the season.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:07 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
They can't let the Chiefs sweep them again, though

The Chiefs team I watched last night won't be sweeping anybody, they did not look like it was a dress rehearsal. Smith wasn't on target, WRs dropping passes, didn't look ready. Of course, Seahawks defense played like it was a regular season game, did not let up at all. They were all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or